Notices

Day six and can hardly move

Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day six and can hardly move

Is it ok to drink coffee literally all day? I can hardly lift up my head and I have to work from 8am-6pm today. Why did I have more energy when I drank? It makes recovery so much harder. When did you guys get your energy back?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you been able to sleep? I quit drinking 4 days ago and I have been so antsy that my doc gave me some valium to help me relax and sleep. I took one the first night and it knocked me out for 12 hours. Didn't like that, so now I am taking half of one. I guess it is not that unusual to be given that while you detox. I just don't want to take them for too long.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh and I have been drinking coffee, which I don't usually do and eating everything in sight...lol
Old 06-21-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You will feel extremely tired in the very early days, it does get better - honest!

Are you taking any vitamins/supplements?
Old 06-21-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

These days I can't have a coffee after 3 pm or I wont sleep. Maybe if you cut down the coffee, you might be able to sleep naturally. Having said that, coffee is almost the staple diet of the alcoholic so it might be easier said than done.

Sleep was a problem for me in early sobriety but it wasn't a problem that could be fixed with medication. My problem was skeletons in the closet which came out to dance everytime I tired to sleep. things I did that I was ashamed of, people I was frightened to face, all that wreckage of the past paraded through my mind making sleep very difficult. That problem disappeared after step 5 and I have had little trouble sleeping since.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Your body is beginning to heal and you are just feeling the effects of your drinking. Everything is getting un-numb, the nerves and everything else don't know how to behave...

It gets better. Spurts of tiredness and spurts of energy and it will even out!

Don't over-do the coffee, eat well (we're usually a bit malnutritioned, even if we ate well, our body wasn't able to absorb the proper nutrients), exercise. Energy drinks are bad, stay away from them.

You'll feel better! Give time time.