Notices

Hello! Introduction from me :)

Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you Ophelia!

MrsKing is there a little bit of pyschic in you?! Lol. I only ask as you have pretty much summed up my thoughts towards food buying today. Normally for weight loss I embark on some faddy low carb diet as I can drink on it and it still works (for a while!) shopping today at one point I thought what have I actually got for me (thinking low carb) Then looked at what I had in trolley for kids - plenty of fresh fruit and veg, then things for spaghetti bolognese, pasta carbonara, stew ingredients, bits to make curry and rice, a couple of pizzas and some treats - healthy meals that I wouldn't normally eat because of the rice/pasta/potato content. For me it was drinking copious amounts of wine and then eating some chicken and salad if i could be bothered to prepare it... So I made the decision not to try and diet at the moment, can't try and do everything at once. Since coming home I've had a mini pizza and a packet of crisps and very nice they were too!

I do a bit of baking with my daughter, we make our own bread dough from scratch then make things like our own pizzas and rolls, we make cupcakes from packet mix so I'll endeavour to make them from fresh and try a few new things with her. You're right I definitely need something to fill the drinking time. I'm going to just start with very early nights though and then there is plenty that needs doing in the house and the garden!

Thanks again for your post Off to fetch LO in an hour. There are 3 shops opposite the nursery all selling alcohol. I'm just going to take enough loose change today for her penny sweets to avoid that crazy moment where you grab the 2 for £8 wine off the shelf even though you know you really don't want or need it!

Then I'll probably be off to bed at 7 again!!

Mxx
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Feel like I have spent all day on here! Just writing another little update, just for my own benefit really to get it 'out there'

Back from nursery via the shops with only a bag of penny sweets in hand. A small victory for me - the local shop and the supermarket in one day and no wine or vodka.

I'm feeling absolutely shattered so looking forward to bedtime very soon!

Thank you for the messages today everybody, it means a lot

Mxx

Last edited by MyTimeNow; 06-21-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: no wine, vodka or any kind of alcoholic beverage