Notices

Confused

Old 06-10-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

Thank you all for the support. My ex boyfriend just dropped of our boys and left. I had two girlfriends here for support. He wont get all angry when anyone else is around. I am so much more happier than I was earlier. I need my boys around me at all times, yet I know they can't be. I am just continually putting my relationship with him in my God Box, and just letting God figure it all out for me. It is working and I am so grateful. I have messed up my life so much with the alcohol, that I am really working this program like my sober friends and my sponsor tell me to. I am grateful that I don't have to solve things anymore, that I can let go and let God.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This was the reading from the 24 hour book yesterday...The day you signed up here...We discussed this in my meeting...Good reading...I guess this is what you call a God Box.

Twenty Four Hours A Day

A.A. Thought for the Day

If we have had some moral, religious, or spiritual training,
we're better prospects for A.A. When we reach the bottom, at
this crucial moment when we're thoroughly licked, we turn
instinctively to whatever decency is left in us. We call upon
whatever reserves of morality and faith are left down deep in
our heart. Have I had this spiritual experience?

Meditation for the Day

The world wonders when it sees a person who can unexpectedly draw large and unsuspected sums from the bank for some emergency. But what the world has not seen are the countless small sums paid into that bank, earned by faithful work over a long time. And so is the bank of the spirit. The world sees the person of faith make a demand on God's stores of power and the demand is met. The world does not see what that person has been putting in, in thanks and praise, in prayer and communion, in small good deeds done faithfully, steadily over the years.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may keep making deposits in God's bank. I pray that
in my hour of need, I may call upon these.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

My sponsor told me about a God Box -
I get 2 boxes, I got two pineapples that have lift off lids at the dollar store. I then label one a God Box the other a Miracle Box. I then cut up some paper. Every time I have a problem, I write it down, say it out loud to God and then put it in my God Box. I then FORGET about it. When the prayers or problems start working themselves out, I put the prayer or problem into my Miracle Box. I date them all.

What it did for me, is it showed me just how much of my life I was trying to solve. I thought I was giving my life and my problems to the care of God every morning, but I wasn't. I really needed to see it in action before I GOT it. When I GOT it, it was so freeing! I did not have to solve my problems anymore! I can really LET GO AND LET GOD! And I am trying to do it right! It was an amazing thing to realize. I guess the action of doing it, led to me seeing how many problems I was trying to solve.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Faith....It's like seeing Faith in action....I like it.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

So glad you found us! Being alone and bored is a bad combo. This Thursday my husband will be gone 15 hr days. Think I will hit up many meetings!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I am going to at least one meeting a day. On Sat I went to two. It has kept me in check and it has taken my mind off everything I am going through.