Notices

Pub and pop.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Smile

" If England show no fear and are allowed to express themselves, I think they have a chance of getting something out of the game",

Totally agree Nigel, but isn't that what we have to face too..i'm all for facing my fears if it means freedom.. and winning.. gonna watch footie on line tomorrow, i'll see if you're about.

Goodnight, hope you sleep well..
Old 06-10-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good lord, Peter G. I think you are my new superhero. Loved the post. The next time my AV pipes up with the "you can have just one" seduction, I'm gonna read that post out loud, like a mantra. That'll shut it up in short order.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:40 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Exclamation

I've done this many times during my many attempts at sobriety.... It just doesn't work. I always end up drinking. I'd use any excuse just to go. I know that at this point this is the LAST place I'd want to be.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi knife, I actual went to the pub other night, because my bro was playing in a rock band, and I promised my support.. I drank 3 glasses if coke, with lemon, I wasn't the only one nit on alcohol, so that nade me feel a bit more at ease. I was afraid of the temptation, esp people buying me a beer, not aware if my situation. Overall I did find it a struggle and won't be going again in a hurry, but did feel I accomplished a great feat, of entering a pub and not having a beer. It was a challenge, I rose to it and succeeded. Would I succeed again? who knows, but I'm not yet ready to make this a regular occurrence. Hope all is well friend.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Oh great job Steve. Am so pleased it worked out well :-)
Old 06-11-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I would go to a meeting instead. I don't socialize right now and I have 5 months. I am waiting for my Miracle and Spiritual Awakening. It is much better for me to concentrate on that than to have a hangover.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I don't do or like meetings, I find them very tedious, and mist people talking trash. I'm trying my own recovery methods.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nigel1969 View Post
I don't do or like meetings, I find them very tedious, and mist people talking trash. I'm trying my own recovery methods.
They aren't for everyone Nigel...Best of luck on your journey.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Peter G, thank you for taking the time to write these amazing posts. I have 27 days sober from alcohol and I found everything you said to be really helpful and motivating. I appreciate your honesty.

Nigel, good luck to you buddy. I don't think purposely putting yourself in a triggering situation to test yourself really has any useful purpose for long term sobriety.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks for your opinion Payton.