Notices

Nearing week five

Old 06-02-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nearing week five

Hello everyone, I've been away for a while, next Tuesday will be five weeks without pot. It's been difficult this last week, nearly every night I've had the urge to pick up, or go to the liquor store, either or, both cravings come and go and seem to replace each other.

I've also got this guy who's been trying to sell to me, very persistent, very convincing sales pitches. I like to be anonymous as possible, but basically I see this individual several times a week, it's unavoidable and I don't know how to say I've quit. People who use just don't get it, I know this to be true, and so I don't tell people why I've quit or discuss sobriety with them at all, because I don't want to have a debate or have to answer questions.

I want to pick up, but at the same time I really don't. I'm not very assertive, and I feel like I want to just to please this person more than I actually want to use. What am I going to do if they call again? How can I tell them I'm done? I said I'm broke, but even that didn't matter, it's like he's got this incredible stuff and just wants to share it with everyone, that's good for him and all, but it's not good for me.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

"I don't do that $hit anymore" worked for me. And I kept on walking.....
Old 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with SB.

I understand you not wanting to let everyone know your business but if this guy is trying to sell you weed and he's persistent with it he needs to be told you're not interested.

I had a guy like yours- ended up I had to threaten the law on him to get him to go away, but that worked

I know it won't be fun, but it really is in your best interests

D
Old 06-02-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What sugarbear1 said
Old 06-02-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

I agree, tell him you quit if he still hassles you yeah protect your sobriety because without it you don't have much. Keep strong and attend as many meetings as possible!