Notices

Bad news but God spoke to me today.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Innerchild,

Your former sponsor is obviously having issues. That relationship was not healthy. Be glad it ended - and, like others said, the fact that you found an AA meeting that you really feel comfortable in is a blessing. Stick with them. Best wishes.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Awww, my sponsor said they wouldn't tell me to get a a meeting daily unless they could help get me there. Pages 66-67 of the big book. Some are sicker than others. It's the steps that we can work for practicing these principles in all of our affairs, not the number of meetings one attends....

Always a new perspective.

Beautifully written post. Have you tried xa-speakers.org? (it took me 25 years to find a sponsor that didn't play games, plus, I had to do it my way...)

Keep coming back!

Love,
Old 06-02-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

Thank you guys. She called me this morning claiming she is still my sponsor but rehashing everything she said. I spoke to a man who is a sponsor in an AA meeting today and he said he is a stern sponsor but she sounds dysfunctional from what Ive said and I cant lie about that.

She didnt have a party with alcohol the place is connected to a boardwalk serving alcohol. I really dont like bad mouthing or gossiping about anyone I amm grateful for the kind things she has done she has just changed her personality within the past week maybe her sponsor told her she was too soft on me. I dont know.

I just want to meet people and make friends no conflict in my early days of sobriety. I am just going to focus on the meetings I can get to.

Thank you all for your kind words. I was really expecting everyone to tell me the same thing she did. lol
Old 06-02-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The law of attraction really works, I love them books by Rhonda she has made the world a better place by writing them.
Visualise what kind of person you want to be in few months or year, think it every day and the law of attraction will make it happen.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

hello there,do u have that womans group link, i am so interested to join. thanks
Old 06-19-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You definitely need a new sponsor. Good for you going to a new meeting. Don't let that sponsor's negative view upset you. Keep going. I am proud of you for fighting. For continuing on.