Notices

So sad

Old 05-25-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jeni -- Thank you for having the courage to share your stumble with us. Though I've just joined SR, I've found countless threads over the years that show support and love I've never witnessed in any other forum, virtual or otherwise. A hug for you...
Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Jeni,
I hope tomorrow you read this and feel the love. Without this "family" I could not have done what I have done and I'm sure you feel the same way. Stay with us and help the rest of us with our journey. Your mistake and how it happened can be of great importance for a newbie like me. Hopefully we can help you as well. We are all in this together.:ghug3
Old 05-25-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Please keep trying for yourself...don't let one night spiral into days, weeks, months...I know from experience, it is never too late to try again...we are all worth it...
Old 05-25-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

"Mom doesn't drink".
The fight's not done Jeni.
We will be here, because we understand, most of us have been there, and, we care.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Jeni, if anyone understands, its us. Your unhappiness with yourself is common, believe me, but none of us feels that way about you. Many, many of us are "retreads." Not everyone "gets it" on their first or even 10th try. I certainly didn't. But this is one place where I could go and spill my guts and knew that you all wouldn't be disappointed in me but would encourage me to get back on the horse. Recovery is a process. If we all got it right the first time, there wouldn't be any need for this forum.

You're not a failure unless you quit trying. I believe in you.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jeni! I really liked reading your posts... don't go because of a slip. There is a guy called John Cheese who posted his online diaries on youtube and a website when he stopped drinking. He had a forum and others used to say to him "I've slipped, what do I do". What he said stuck with me, it was along the lines of "so? Try to limit the damage, and don't beat yourself up and pick yourself up and start again". He was saying that we've all been there, it's the keeping trying that matters. Learn from it and move on.

Don't leave because of a blip.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jeni - Please, please don't go. You were getting help here, and you were helping others. After joining SR, I drank for 5 mos. before I got the courage to stop completely. No one told me I couldn't be here - I was treated with patience and love. That's what we do here. I hope you'll change your mind - we're on your side.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Jen,
Please for your sake don't leave, don't give up. Don't let the bastards get you down.
love
CaiHong

See you in the morning
Old 05-25-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Jeni, don't go. I need your help,I need to know you are on the same side of the planet as I am and I am having an unusual and rubbish time. Today I could leave and drink drink drink for so many non reasons ,but I havent .You are more than your sum parts and I need you to know you can make it . Start again but stay here it's important to me.
John.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Jeni, No need to leave. I've relapsed, and just start over the next day. I don't count my days, I just try to get through that day without the drink. I've had a rough day too, so I'm right there with you. I've thought about going to the liquor store, but I'm not. I'm just going to sit here and feel sorry for myself, SOBER. I don't need to be happy everyday. I hope you come back tomorrow and tell us what happened.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
~sb

Are you pawning your computer?

I lurked here for 6 years before I ever wrote anything. No reason to forget about US!

We are here and will listen to ya, when ya need to stop by.

Love,
Old 05-25-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Jeni, I hope you log back on and see how important it is for you to stay with us on SR, and to stay sober. You want this. Don't feel ashamed at all, just climb back up there. You can do this!!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Jeni, don't go. I've slipped also, but I keep trying and I know one of these days it'll stick. Don't leave because you had one slip-there are obviously a lot of people here who really care about you.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Jen, I leave this forum everyday. At night I leave, and then come back the next day. Remember.... Feelings aren't facts.

For some reason we alcoholics feel like we have to be either at the start of the race or at the end. The truth is we're always somewhere in the middle.

You had 7 weeks and drank again, I had 28 weeks last year and drank again. Look at it this way, over the last 50 days you've drank .02% of them. Not a bad success rate if you ask me.

Keep you head up and don't give up. It really is a day by day deal...

Best wish's...
Old 05-25-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Your words have meant a lot to me....a slip does not mean a total fall....you are human and so are we. We need you and you need us. Leaving is forbidden!!! Big Hugs. Hypo and I NEED you, lady!
lee
Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This thread is lovely.

Jeni, I hope when you wake up in England in a few hours you log in here and see all the love and concern that surrounded you through the night. We've all been in your place and felt alone-- I hope you see that you're not.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Jeni, I have really enjoyed your input on SR. You have done so well, you made a mistake! It is ok. Once I slipped after over 6 years sober & went on a 4.5 year bender. You don't have to do that. You see all the support here? No need to give up! Hold your head up high and walk on~sober. You can do it.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Recovering

Its a bright new day Jeni. It might be a difficult one for you, but you've been so strong in tricky situations. I'm sure you can lick today and then you'll soon find your stride again.

Look after yourself today Jen. You're worth it.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Jeni, please don't leave!! 7 weeks is a HUGE accomplishment and that you slipped up is normal, just go back to fighting it again, don't give up.

You know I haven't been active here either for some time and it wasn't a very happy period...as i don't have AA here or family who understands I need this support.

As i logged in yesterday and started to read peoples posts, your post "I haven't drunk" was one i re-read and it made me choke up with your description of your children saying "mum doesn't drink" , so simple and still so true, you don't drink! You just slipped, that isn't you anymore.

Believing in you, as i am starting to believe in me too!!

We don't drink
Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Read all of the posts Jeni - it's quite overwhelming. As Spinach said you're from the UK and we feel close to you - stay and keep forging ahead. Look at my join date!! I've relapsed loads of times. Last year I was on and off constantly. You'll be fine, you've so much to be proud of.

You've had your birthday to contend with too and you managed it. Chin up my dear, we are all here for you xxx

Emma