Notices

the "BEAST" is on the attack today

Old 05-23-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

JustARide...Thanks for the post..the voice is very cunning...Keep strong..

Jim
Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Dalek
Don't debate with the addictive voice
Agreed. This kind of engagement with the AV is just not sustainable over time.

I have heard the phrase "cunning, baffling, and powerful" before. The AV is cunning for sure. It will work every single angle and has major endurance toward it's goal. Baffling? NO. It is not baffling at all that "it" wants to get drunk. Not a surprise, not confusing, not new information. That is clearly understood. Powerful? It only has the power that you assign it.

When the AV wants to play, you have the power to change the rules of the game. Do not engage. Do not lob the ball back. Put the racket down and walk away. Game over.

With consistency, it will get easier. I agree with Pam. It is similar to modifying behaviors in children. Power struggles always end poorly.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Gavinandnikki
I am the Master.
Well, technically, since you are female, you are the Mistress
Mistress Pam, beast dominator hehe
Old 05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustARide View Post

"Have a little something tonight, you've already ate like crap and haven't done much of anything today...why not just have a little something tonight and then you'll get back on track tomorrow".
I can't tell you how long this one kept me drinking for!

I honestly don't believe I got any beast activity for the first few months, then the other day I had a great one...I was still feeling pretty sh;tty and I suddenly thought, 'well, just give it a year and see how you feel then', like I would start drinking if I didn't feel any better! Sneaky.

Well done Justaride. It sounds like you've really got the hang of this

Great post x
Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Quitter

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
I can't tell you how long this one kept me drinking for!

I honestly don't believe I got any beast activity for the first few months, then the other day I had a great one...I was still feeling pretty sh;tty and I suddenly thought, 'well, just give it a year and see how you feel then', like I would start drinking if I didn't feel any better! Sneaky.

Well done Justaride. It sounds like you've really got the hang of this

Great post x
Yeah, that one used to always get me too. It was always, get on track tomorrow, but tomorrow continued to always be tomorrow, it never came...it was one big depressing circle. I tend to be all or nothing, so I know that I have to stay focused and committed to my new good habits, or else my mind starts to wander...

Wow...your voice is setting you up a year in advance!! That is sneaky! I'm glad that you too, aren't giving in anymore.