Notices

I might get drunk...But should I do this anyway?

Old 05-21-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
So it goes

Srn the wisest posts are the shortest.

We are here to help the newcomer

Thanks for the reminder.

That was me once
Old 05-21-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRightNow View Post
We seem to be getting a real increase in the amount of moral high-horsed posts around here lately. It's frankly reprehensible in a forum entitled Newcomers to Sobriety in my view.
Really...What do you think is appropriate for newcomers to hear?...I was ready to listen to anything when I wanted to quit...If I didn't like what I heard...I moved on. What keeps you sober?...Maybe you can share about that?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let's not let this develop into an argument.

This Forum is anyone who is trying to quit, or wants to quit using alcohol and/or drugs.

We can share our experience and what worked for us and hopefully offer support to newcomers. I never forget how many times it took me to finally stop drinking, or how horrible I felt each time I failed. I always try to keep that in mind when I post on SR, and especially when I post in Newcomers.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Ive been here around two years. Almost a year of being a member. Ive made moderation and relapse posts before but so what. I dont recall anyone saying you need permanent abstinence to post here. Im on my own journey and much more sober than I was when I got here.

I feel like your belittling and saying that people who post these questions shouldnt bother cause the answer is obvious. Im sure I thought that too even before I posted moderation or relapse questions. Maybe I just wanted to see what others whod gone before me thought of my 'stinkin thinkin'!

Easy enough to ignore those threads if you find they are a waste of your time
Old 05-21-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fallow View Post
Ive been here around two years. Almost a year of being a member. Ive made moderation and relapse posts before but so what. I dont recall anyone saying you need permanent abstinence to post here. Im on my own journey and much more sober than I was when I got here.

I feel like your belittling and saying that people who post these questions shouldnt bother cause the answer is obvious. Im sure I thought that too even before I posted moderation or relapse questions. Maybe I just wanted to see what others whod gone before me thought of my 'stinkin thinkin'!

Easy enough to ignore those threads if you find they are a waste of your time
I don't feel like I'm belittling anybody here....My first post I say..."What worked for me was"....As far as permanent abstinence goes....Being an alcoholic that I am..That was the only option I had. I'm glad you are more sober than when you got here....I like to hear that.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think Sapling's and Eternal Q's dogs should have puppies.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sissy07 View Post
I think Sapling's and Eternal Q's dogs should have puppies.
Thank you....I agree.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I would like to say a big thank you to Sapling for all the great advice and excellent links to further advice that has been offered, and the support given .... even though I still haven't got off my bum and gone to a meeting which I know annoys many! As a newcomer and someone who is only 31 days Sapling (and all the other lovely posters) have made this journey much easier, I haven't found the comments made to me judgemental.. just the kick in the right direction that I needed at the time.. So, just wanted to say thanks really x
Old 05-21-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You're very welcome TimeToGetALife...I'm more than happy to kick you in the right direction...Which for me is not drinking...I may be partial to AA because it saved my life. But if I just found out eating lot's of watermelon did the same thing...That's the direction I'd be kicking you in. Thanks a lot man/woman...Congrats to you on 31 wonderful days....Hang on to them.