Notices

I'll probably be on SR all day

Old 04-29-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good man John, hang in there buddy.
Prayers ur way:ghug3
Old 04-29-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I have just come in on this Tread....Good on you John.
You have been here before,you'll get through it ok.
I slipped 13 times I think.....but as they said at the AA meetings Keep coming Back.....they also told me the door swings both ways....so if I want I can go out there and try some more controlled drinking.

I could never control my Drinking for years....I had to trow in the Towel.
That was 26 years ago.....Im going to try and give up the Cigarettes Tuesday...May Day......Wish me luck...it wont be easy either.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Quitter

Hang in there John...
Good luck
Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Welcome John to SR you will find wonderful support here. I have been sober 4 months thanks to SR. Its wonderful to have the support at your finger tips where people understand what you are going thru. Hang in there buddy and welcome again.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi John, This may sound silly but it has worked for me...I'm just over 4wks. Somewhere inside of me I have inner strength and rather than use my AV, I use my SSV...Strong Sarcastic Voice. Tell yourself in your SSV, "Well this ought to be an interesting ride but nothing I haven't done before, those 3 days are not going to get the best of me, I've got it now."
I have to do this or I would have failed weeks ago. Right now I am my only support and all the triggers are there in full force but I don't want to hear that weak, desperate voice of mine anymore. My sobriety is one of the few things in my life I have control of right now. With time and work, I plan to have control of much more in my life. Keep strong.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
~sb

So, did you get to a meeting?
Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I lived on sr for a while.... whatever it takes
Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Your sponsor is right about ditching the pity party, john. It's not doing you a damn bit of you. It's a self destructive state of mind. Now is a good time to think about what, if anything, brought on your relapse and what you can put in place to help prevent a relaps in the future. It's also a great time to go back to steps 1-3 again and strengthen your relationship with your Higher Power. It needs to be strong enough that when the temptation feels overwhelming and too much to bare, you can give it to your Higher Power to deal with. You can't start step 4 until you really REALLY have that strong relationship with your Higher Power down. But most of all, don't pity yourself. You are a beloved Child of God so pick your head up, pull yourself together and learn what he is trying to teach you.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:37 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Your sponsor is right about ditching the pity party, john. It's not doing you a damn bit of you. It's a self destructive state of mind. Now is a good time to think about what, if anything, brought on your relapse and what you can put in place to help prevent a relaps in the future. It's also a great time to go back to steps 1-3 again and strengthen your relationship with your Higher Power. It needs to be strong enough that when the temptation feels overwhelming and too much to bare, you can give it to your Higher Power to deal with. You can't start step 4 until you really REALLY have that strong relationship with your Higher Power down. But most of all, don't pity yourself. You are a beloved Child of God so pick your head up, pull yourself together and learn what he is trying to teach you.
Thank you for that. It's what I need to hear.

Unfortunately, I did drink earlier. I'm reading and praying now...there is no alcohol in the house and I've decided this is ridiculous. I want sobriety. I know I'll get through this, I've done it before.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

You can, john. God does not give us any trials that we cannot handle. That's why you're here. You're handeling it. Next time, you'll remember to come here before the drink.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
You can, john. God does not give us any trials that we cannot handle. That's why you're here. You're handeling it. Next time, you'll remember to come here before the drink.
The terrible part is that i didnt drink to get a buzz or to get drunk. I did it to dull the pain from withdrawal. Kinda stupid...its just prolonging the withdrawal. I MUST be stronger and fight this or it will quite literally kill me.