Notices

When will I feel better?

Old 04-29-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm at day 24 off Suboxone(opiates), More like day 36 but I relapsed and used once. It took a good 3+ weeks before I noticed any improvement at all. I'm sure with drinking it will be much different. The only thing that kept me from going insane during this time was meetings and my higher power. Now I feel pretty good mentally but I struggle with having no energy. I typically wake up after 4-6 hours of sleep and I feel pretty crumby in the mornings. It takes a few hours to feel a little better and get in a better state of mind.

I feel bad because I'm pretty short with my little brother and I know he doesn't deserve it(21 years between us). I try and tell him if I am crabby its not his fault but I know it still doesn't justify it. He knows I've been sick and I'm getting better. I've never been like this with him, I just find my patience is so short. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough?

When will you start feeling better? It's different for everyone, but I would think soon.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

How did you stay stopped for 2.5 years? Did you do this on your own?

Each day gets different. You'll feel better soon. Are you physically tired or is it mostly mental stuff? Maybe find one thing to accomplish. That can help. And try writing a journal. These helped me in early recovery and still help today.

Hugs,
Old 04-29-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It's actually nice to have 'permission' to take care of myself and lie around.
I totally agree.......
I never gave myself a break, physically or mentally. I think that's a big reason I used alcohol - I didn't know any other way to turn off the demanding/worrying voices in my head. Getting sober has been one big journey of learning to give myself permission....... and it feels good!