Notices

Anxiety

Old 04-26-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. These replies have made me start to think and I've realized that just stopping drinking without getting any other help for my underlying issues is a bad idea. I'll probably just end up going right back into that lifestyle if I don't do something about it. What I meant by "trying", is that I've been trying to not give in. And sometimes it works, others times not. I realize that it isn't enough. I need to be more proactive in my recovery otherwise, whether I'm drinking or not, I'll be a miserable person.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
So it goes

Carly, there are many ways to become a new you. Sobriety is the foundation.

A healthy body and a healthy mind are a powerful combination

Try some exercise, I have taken up walking and cycling again, and my strength is increasing (as my waist decreases !!!)

Read, watch films, go to the theatre (or theater as you spell it!!)

It all helps , there is loads to do whilst sober

the only thing you can do whilst drinking, is err ...drink
Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carly2332 View Post
What I meant by "trying", is that I've been trying to not give in. And sometimes it works, others times not. I realize that it isn't enough. I need to be more proactive in my recovery otherwise, whether I'm drinking or not, I'll be a miserable person.
If you're a drinker like I was...I couldn't watch movies and excersise my way out of it....I needed a little bit more than that. Find some kind of recovery program...Do some research...Ask some questions...Find one that appeals to you and go for it. Give it all you got....I don't think these kinds of recovery programs would exist if they weren't necessary. I tried quitting on my own enough times to figure out I couldn't do it...Some people can...Not me. All I did was waste time and go further down. Good luck to you...However you do it.