Notices

Who said cravings only last a few minutes

Old 04-22-2012, 02:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Smile

OCDan, I have been following your threads, and have to say I am really proud of you. You are making it friend, even though it is really, wicked hard. Remind yourself that you have cleaned your body of alcohol at this point. It doesn't need it. Now you need to tell your mind that. As others have pointed out, YOU are in charge. Be a good boss of you.

Maybe this sounds silly, but for me, I keep reminding myself that if this was easy, then I couldn't be immensely proud of myself when I resist the urge, wake up sober, and honor my physical, mental, and spiritual health. And when things get rough or it feels like things are crashing down, I feel like even more of a bad ass when I remain sober IN SPITE of these things.

I believe you are stronger than you know. When you feel the urge, play the tape out to the end. You don't want to go back to where you were.

And it will get easier. We are in your corner, and want you to succeed. Blessings buddy.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
If, you keep thinking about it, your thoughts can be come actions.

At least, you're talking about it to other people that, understand what you're going through
I've been thinking about this post everytime someone sounds like they have the AV chasing after them, It's good advice, the Captain was right, i went and got all drunked up after that, could have stopped thinkin about the booze but I didn't. I have about seven weeks sober since then. haven't heard from him since, hope he's ok.

(I'm pretty sure I got drunk that same night)
Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Just keep talking to us, Dan. That will help divert your attention from that nagging voice in your head, which only wants to hurt you. There are more positive voices here. Use us!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Zing has been here a long time and has long term recovery - I'm sure he's fine - he always comes back Dan

I'm really glad to see the progression in you since you started this thread, man

D
Old 06-07-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Zing has been here a long time and has long term recovery - I'm sure he's fine - he always comes back Dan

I'm really glad to see the progression in you since you started this thread, man

D
Ain't that the truth...Keep on keeping on Dan!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ha! I nearly burst out laughing when I read the subject of this thread - that is EXACTLY what I think when the "craving" seems interminable and I'm at my wits' end!

OCDDan, congratulations on making 7 weeks!

Thank you for starting this thread, and thank you to those who posted about saying "no means no!" to yourself.

Oh, and Grits, I might buy myself a colouring book, too, just in case.

Yes, seriously.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desertsong View Post
Just keep talking to us, Dan. That will help divert your attention from that nagging voice in your head, which only wants to hurt you. There are more positive voices here. Use us!!!
thanks DS, yea, I come here just about every day, not really posting much, just takin things in more or less, It's very nice having the support and knowledge from everyone here.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
thanks D, life has gotten easier, even tho everyone i know drinks, but they compliment me on quitting and say things like "i don't know how you do it" they are supportive, it's a little nerve racking when everyones drinking around a campfire and you're the only one sober, but i don't think they notice it as much as i do, and the un-easyness only last for a little while. (rambling).
Old 06-07-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bumble View Post
Ha! I nearly burst out laughing when I read the subject of this thread - that is EXACTLY what I think when the "craving" seems interminable and I'm at my wits' end!

OCDDan, congratulations on making 7 weeks!

Thank you for starting this thread, and thank you to those who posted about saying "no means no!" to yourself.

Oh, and Grits, I might buy myself a colouring book, too, just in case.

Yes, seriously.
thanks bumble, and welcome to SR, glad you got a laugh,
Old 06-07-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

time to start changing and you can start here

"I'm never gonna make it.. "

change to this
" i WILL make it and i KNOW it will get better and i WILL NOT let the disease of alcoholism control me any more. no matter how i may feel, i KNOW it WILL get better."
Old 06-07-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I colored with my daughter alot in the beginning
Hands all shaky, trying to figure out how to be a mom and keep the voices in my head quiet.
We still like to color
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by karilynn27 View Post
I colored with my daughter alot in the beginning
Hands all shaky, trying to figure out how to be a mom and keep the voices in my head quiet.
We still like to color
Yes...Yes...color therapy. This in important for a hopeless drunk like. I was powerless over coloring at first. I remember being all twisted from my last drunk.. once again...and I could barely hold the blue Caron with a steady hand.

Then in a dark room, blue cayon in hand, a red light burst form the bathroom and struck the center of my head...Bam BAm I'm god of the crayon men.

Its a hard life carrying around a crayon sharper. Sometimes I Have to peal a lot of paper back to get to the color of the situation. Other times I deal with melts in a hot car. At those times I want to run too.

Ah what to do, colors run, others gets dull, the Gods change colors and its hard to be sharp on the whole situation of what they do

Just be sober, true, and never forget to be you.
:
Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OCDDan View Post
I just spent the last hour arguing with myself over going to the store and getting a couple twenty four ouncers, heck there only ninety nine cents, how bad could it be?

I've been sober for two weeks but it seems like eternity, time has slowed down to a crawl for me tonight. i took one of my doctor prescribed solutions but i'm still obsessing, although not as bad.

I'm never gonna make it.. one day i'm all gungho, the next pulling my hair out. I think saturday nights are rough, too much time on my hands.

sorry, goin nuts over here.
Don't go nuts. Go to the movies, where no alcohol is served of course. It helps with the boredom that comes with not doing what you usually are doing. Thats what I did when I first got clean, went to the movies when that feeling came upon me.