Notices

Day 1, um, again -- and it's long

Old 04-01-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

Congrats on day 1 Carliss! I also can't tell you how much hot baths helped me in the beginning. I'd soak in the tub with a cup of herbal tea and read Caroline Knapp's 'Drinking, A Love Story'. Hell, sometimes I'd have multiple baths in a day! It was just a nice, soothing way to be kind to myself and really bring my mind to the moment.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My bathtub is constructed for a Munchkin, but fortunately I work at home and can hit the jacuzzi all day. I think taking good physical care from the get-go is important. I have great genetics and should look a million times worse than I do, but it had gotten to the point where I developed bleeding rashes that broke through the skin --- all over. They went away after just a few days last time.

And I spent much of the day reading about what to do in my financial situation. Not sure exactly what, but I think I have more options than I realized that will put my mind more at ease and get rid of this joker.

Tomorrow, I think I'll hit the beachside coffeehouse early for a green tea, take my mountains of vitamins, and try these meditation podcasts I downloaded. Also walk up to the Apple store for my free computer class. I don't think I quite have the stomach to hit AA after all -- this is not a critique -- but my main problem has been working at home ALONE all the time and not engaging in any fun at all.

So off to sleepyland, I hope.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good you're still trying, keep it up.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 2 now -- ugh, I didn't really sleep at all last night. Maybe I can now. Think I'll be gentle with myself and not overdo anything today. Surely tonight I can sleep some. But I'm not tempted to drink at least. Still feeling shaky and weird, but at least not hung over.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Im on Day 1 again too. I dont remember anything that happened during my relapse. God, im such a messy drunk. Congrats on Day 1!!! Im right here with you
Old 04-02-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm on day one again myself...16 hours in so far. I had 3 months sober and then my anxiety kicked in full throttle and I went on a 2 month binge right back to where I was before. I feel surprising good today. I've been tapering for a week and I'm trying to get 24 hours under my belt. The hours are feeling like days! What can I do to pass the time more quickly?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

@Jess, I'm having the same feeling, and I'm still not clear enough to think all that straight. If you google "things to do instead of drinking" quite a bit comes up. I guess the "do one thing a time" theory is good at this point. I'm finding I don't have mental stamina for more than a couple of minutes, so it's probably good to think of yourself as recovering from the flu or something -- and rest a lot.