Notices

Newbee asking for best no bs detox

Old 03-31-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I sure didnt make any stipulations when I went to detox, I just wanted to stop the hampster wheel.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

I tried to self detox after a long binge, I ended up detoxing after being admitted through the ER. I had paranoid delusions, hallucinations, I kept trying to escape from my house because I thought my neighbor was trying to kill me, then tried to escape from the ER three times to the point of pulling out my IV. I had to have a sitter the first night to be sure I didn't try to bolt again....I highly recommend detoxing in the hospital. They knew how to help me. I wouldn't be here and (relatively) sane without them. I went to my second AA meeting in a row today. Great people... just looking for that home group and sponsor. I truly don't believe many can moderate. I know I can't. I don't see the point of detoxing your body if you are just going to pollute it again .....
Old 03-31-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My attempt at "moderation" is what got me here. It can't happen, unless you are not an addict. But then, you wouldn't be looking to reverse gears if you weren't. But that's just my assumption. Who knows, maybe you're the first addict who can moderate that science has produced. I do wish you the best, sincerely.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

There is detox and then there is recovery; two totally different things. Detox only gets the alcohol out of your system. What you do after that is your business. I HIGHLY recommend a medical alcohol detox. Too many things can happen during detox that can kill you or leave you with permanent medical issues. So, are you asking about detox or about something else?