Notices

At 130 Days and Struggeling

Old 03-28-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At 130 Days and Struggeling

I want to drink so very badly right now. What is complicating things is I have a vacation place that is a two hour drive. I would always get an 18 pack per day there and start drinking on the way. Would justify that Three beers in two hours wouldnt result in a dui. Then I would have a nice buzz when i got there.

I also havent smoked in 4 months. I can picture myself now drinking and smoking in my car as I drive to the camper.

Seriously at risk today. I cant take my mind of this. I know I would regret it tomorrow. I havent been to this place since I quit drinking (November 17 i drank 31 beers there...by myself). Havent drank since and havent been back since. I know I need to go since the grass is probably out of control.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I didn't want anyone to think your post hasn't been responded to. I am glad you are feeling better. The urges do pass. With every day that passes, it will get easier and easier. You are doing great.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't do it!!!!!!! Can't you get someone else to cut the grass!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the posts! I have decided to not go today- I told my wife the reason also. I am going to have to wait a while until I go there by myself.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Remember your proclaimation...

'I will never drink again- thats my decision. Not today or in two weeks, two years, etc.'

130 days is not longer than two years, etc. Utilize what you've learned so far, and go cut your grass.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SOBERWRLDRCDPOWER

I found a formula which you might find stupid but it helped me when I would find myself thinking about these stories that we like to go through in oue heads.
Try to stop the tape as soon as you see that it's playing. When I find myself going to an old dedalers house and I'm dope sick and I know I'm about to get this awesome fix that will take it all away and ohhhh its gonna feel so good. Instead of thinking about getting in your truck ,buying beer and driving there and getting there and drinking and smoking....Cut it off. I don't care what you have to think about. I focus on things around me. I look at a pen and think briefly about it then my wallett then a picture then a door knob then a waste basket then a bird then a dog barking. Before you know it You've changed what you are thinking about. i know it sounds odd but don't let the tape play through. If you have to keep doing it and doing it till you finally get passed it then do it. I had a sponsor that got me into stuff like This Thing Called You and some other books like The Secret. What it does is help you become aware of your thoughts. So when you get to thinking about getting in that truck and going to drink now you'll become aware of what your thinking and can say hey I need to change what I'm thinking about. Trust me even after 6 years it still happens. I hope this makes sense and not corny to you. I'm not crazy. lol. I live in Florida too and I know really there's nothing here but a great place to be drunk and stare at pretty skies and seas. This to shall pass. 140 days is awesome. Don't let a thought thats just a thought become day 141 day 1 again. My biggest thing and this will sound crazy too is to just get out to like Wal-Mart or Target and just be nice to everyone you see and ipromise as dumb as it sounds you'll make someones day better.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm glad to hear you made the right choice.

Keep your priorities in mind. There's nothing more important than your sobriety. It's truly a matter of life & death. I doubt the grass carries that much importance.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SOBERWRLDRCDPOWER

Sorry I meant 130 days. Anyway good job on not going up there. There's a time for that kind of stuff.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well done , and get out of your own head.

And your right the grass is not so important. Keep working and there will be a time for you and that camper in sobriety.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by bskeys1404 View Post
I found a formula which you might find stupid but it helped me when I would find myself thinking about these stories that we like to go through in our heads.
Try to stop the tape as soon as you see that it's playing.
This is gold. Sometimes the simple answers really are the best. Thanks for your post, bskeys.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good plan, Darren!

If you need to go there soon, maybe you can take someone with you who will be supportive.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for the posts. I read each one of them and found myself nodding in agreement. I appreciate your time and help today
Old 03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Darren, I know how you feel, today I felt the same. The weather was beautiful and I always associate that with sitting outside and drinking. In the end I took the dog for a very long walk just to clear my mind. 130 days is truly amazing. Take a step back and look at what you have achieved and how that has felt for most of the time. Today is just a slight blip. Tomorrow you will feel even more positive for not giving in to temptation. All the best
Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you feel a little better Darren

D