Notices

Two Weeks sober today. I still want to drink.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

I used the phone and started a network of AA friends. That took up some time. Cleaning is a never ending thing, so I keep doing it so I can't complain about any mess today (yeah, it's gone!). Reading literature, writing journals. Slowly, I've found painting and sewing and some crafts that I like to do. It will all fall into place. For me, sobriety is action, even little bits at a time.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

You can do it Dom. One day at a time. It's cliche but it gets me through. Sometimes one hour. Sometimes one minute.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
I'll get through today, just like the past 13. Thanks again for all of the support.
And that's the name of the game. Get through the next 5 hours (at least in my time zone, haha.) and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes. Not always the easiest thing to do, I know. But you're doing the right things.

Just think about it: At the absolute WORST of your drinking career, did you EVER think you'd be able to amass 13 consecutive days of sobriety?

I know at my absolute worst, the only way I could achieve 13 hours of sobriety, was to sleep for 13 hours after a four day drug and alcohol bender!

Sometimes, I literally have to take a step back and ask myself, "Have I really been sober for x amount of days?"

And then I think it through, and when I realize I *have* in fact been sober that long, it's all the more gratifying.

Anyhow, I'm off to see my mom at the nursing home. Hope you make it through the remainder of this 24 hours, and wake up tomorrow feeling refreshed!

You're a beautiful woman, who deserves more than the darkness and depravity that is alcohol and drug addiction.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Whoops! Good ole' double post! HAHA.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I hear ya!! Im 3 weeks sober today I feel like I am due some fun. I feel like I have been a complete angel for the past 3 weeks and now my rebel side of me wants to come out and play. Been trying to get through it with playing pranks on my husband. That cheers me up and feels like I am having fun. Today I put a pair of my underwear in his work trousers, he found them while he was in a work meeting. Hahaha. Tomorrow I am going to have a big bunch of flowers delivered to his work. He will LOVE that keeps me happy. Well done on your 2 weeks!! Keep it going!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You're doing good, Dom, keep it up! I had many things I liked to do, but I wasn't really enjoying them anymore, alcohol was sapping my energy. Now I have renewed interest in my job and hobbies. It will happen for you, I'm sure of it.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You'll make it, Dom! Just hang in there until your brain chemicals get a chance to reset to normal, maybe it will happen soon. Yes, it's incredibly hard at first but you don't hardly have any real choice the way I see it. It's either death at this point or else it's having a hard time at first and then life getting much better as time goes on. Seems like the second choice is the better one.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good for you for being sober for two weeks. Cravings will be over any day now that you are closing in on the 1/2 month mark. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thank you all so much for the support.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
AA has been helping but I mean, only for a couple hours and then I start craving. Does this ever end???
Well, it depends. Yes, absolutely without a doubt, for those that take AA's 12 Steps and have a spiritual awakening, this ends very quickly and very powerfully. I've got a home group full of people for whom I've seen the promises of AA come true in their lives, and I don't think any of us has thought about a drink for a very long time.

And for those that go to AA for a few hours of relief and expect the meetings to bring recovery from alcoholism, I've seen hundreds every year come and go.

So, I'll ask the only question that matters in AA. What Step are you on?