Notices

Vote pass for Sunday sale of alcohol

Old 03-11-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vote pass for Sunday sale of alcohol

On March 6, my county place a vote if they want to sell alcohol on Sunday. I found out that it pass and will take effect on June 3, 2012. I voted yes because a few reason. The first reason was that it's one of those religious law that should be push on in public. Second is that when I would drink 3 to 4 times a week and I was out of alcohol on Sunday, I would drive to a bar and drink there for 4 to 6 hours at a time and drive home drunk. I feel like the people who have problems would be more likely be on the street drive because they would have to go to a bar to get they alcohol fix. Lucky those days are behind me now.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! At first when I read your post I was like "No way!! Shut em down on Sunday!!!" But you are so right! What would shutting down the source of supply really accomplish! It's our choice to buy it or not. To drink or not. Thank you for this post Actionpack it really got me thinking.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's good to see you are voting AP...How's your recovery coming along?
Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sapling, been sober for over 2 weeks now and feeling good about it. Longest has been just under 3 months.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

The law here has been Noon til midnight on Sundays as long as I can remember, but I did help vote-in alcohol sales into our formerly 'dry' area of the city... That was around eight years ago and just about all of the corner stores near me began selling beer overnight. In my situation I got worse and worse, but I didn't have to "Drive the Gauntlet" as I used to call it, the police would watch everyone on that road like vultures.
I can see your point of view on this and hope you can stay quit.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
Sapling, been sober for over 2 weeks now and feeling good about it. Longest has been just under 3 months.
That's awesome AP...Are you using a recovery plan of some kind?
Old 03-11-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
That's awesome AP...Are you using a recovery plan of some kind?
I really don't have a recovery program. I just work, hit the gym and have a normal like and don't go to bars or clubs. Keeping myself out of trouble and things are going really good for me. I do sometimes go to an SOS dinner meetings on Tuesdays but don't think I'm going to keep going there most longer.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You know your history with this stuff AP...I'd try and get any tools I could get to stay stopped...Hang in there man..Best of luck to you...
Old 03-11-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
I really don't have a recovery program. I just work, hit the gym and have a normal like and don't go to bars or clubs. Keeping myself out of trouble and things are going really good for me. I do sometimes go to an SOS dinner meetings on Tuesdays but don't think I'm going to keep going there most longer.
Sounds like you are working a program right there that works for you.

Keep up the good work

NOTE: Oh and professional drinkers had enough stock that we didn't need to go out on Sunday to supply. I could have supplied a bar :rotfxko
Old 03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Well...regardless of whether booze is sold on Sunday where you live, it has nothing to do with your own sobriety.