Notices

I think I want to stop drinking

Old 03-01-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just do me one favor AdiSC123....If you go to a meeting and like it...Even if you don't like it...Keep posting on this site...Let us know how you like it or don't like it...There is great support here...This site and AA is what keeps me sober...If AA doesn't work...We'll try and find something else that does...Welcome...Friend...I'd like to see you make it.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Welcome to the forums, adisc123. I swore to myself "no more" a thousand times and tried to limit myself to "a beer or two" a thousand more, but it wasn't until I went to AA and started using this website that I had any success at recovery. Having the support of other people who know where you are and where you've been made all the difference. AA and these forums are full of people who want you to have that chance at a better life. If you can't just put it down and walk away, let us know and we'll help you find a way that works for you.

--Fenris.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by AdiSC123 View Post
Do you think I would meet people with a similar problem as me in an AA meeting?

I feel like people would be thinking "wtf is this guy doing here?"
Absolutely you will

.....but that's a double-edged sword.

lol.... i recall being kinda bummed that I wasn't all that "special" and "uniquely troubled" as I thought I was. Truth is, I'm a whole lot more garden-variety than my ego likes to admit.

** and my dad was an alkie as well. I wasn't an alkie like him.....but i'm just as much the alkie he was. -- a rose by another name.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

you know what man, it doesn't matter what you tell your fellow friends(drinkers). they're gonna admire what you're doing even if they don't let you know to your face. we admire you for the courage. there is a reason why you do this to yourself repeatedly. in addition to stopping yourself from picking up start searching for WHY you drank. work on that and watch your life change.