Notices

just starting the recovery process

Old 02-22-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just starting the recovery process

had my last drink yesterday feb 22/2012 and start a out patient rehab program tomorrow.....so scared i can't do this....im currently living in Oakville, Canada and just looking for support... im 29 and have thrown most of my life away to this addiction...
Old 02-22-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi hopingtorecover

you kinda posted in the forum downtime - it's usually much busier than this

I think most of us were scared - I was terrified really...but I knew the way I had been living just wasn't working anymore.

It was time to try something new...and though it was tough at times, I've never regretted doing that

You'll find a lot of support and encouragement here always - you're among friends

Welcome
D
Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

There is always today and there is always tomorrow. Welcome, I hope you find a better way forward
Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, you'll find plenty of support here. Welcome....

I remember being fearful that I couldn't stop. What I discovered was that I could pound that fear into the ground and I did stop. You can too.

Many of us have had those same fears. Many of us have stopped and have even moved on to a life we couldn't envision when we first put the bottle down.

Stick around; and thanks for joining and posting....
Old 02-22-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Hoping,

Rehab tomorrow eh? Good for you, you'll enjoy it Relax and don't forget to breathe. Keep us posted
Old 02-23-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 1.....had an assessment done....heading back tomorrow.....feeling like **** and starting to get hot/cold flashes along with shaky hands and a horrible feeling of unrestfulness and stomach pains....was told i'll prob be given valium tomorrow for a few days to help with withdrawals....any ways hope i can get more then 20min of sleep tonight...
Old 02-23-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know its hard - been there.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingtorecover View Post
Day 1.....had an assessment done....heading back tomorrow.....feeling like **** and starting to get hot/cold flashes along with shaky hands and a horrible feeling of unrestfulness and stomach pains....was told i'll prob be given valium tomorrow for a few days to help with withdrawals....any ways hope i can get more then 20min of sleep tonight...
I didn't sleep much the first 5 nights. I was in the Brentwood Recovery Home in Windsor, ON.
Hang in there and keep talking to the others, you are not alone and we all went through what you are experiencing.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 02-23-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

it gets better hopingtorecover - stick with it

D
Old 02-23-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingtorecover View Post
feeling like **** and starting to get hot/cold flashes along with shaky hands and a horrible feeling of unrestfulness and stomach pains.....
One of my AA buddies went to his sponsor and told him he was feeling like this...His sponsor told him.....

I'm glad you are feeling all this pain...Because I don't want to see you miss any of it.

It will get better...But remember it....You'll only be one drink away from feeling it again.
Hang in there HTR.....If it was easy...It wouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 2 so far has been ok, nearing 48hrs since my last drink and still feel like **** but better then yesterday...also slept almost 4hrs last night...tough part is that the weekends here and no meetings till monday...
Old 02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep yourself busy...You have any phone numbers?...If you do...Use them. I can't believe they have no meetings there on weekends....That's bizarre.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's very scary! I'm scared. I have no idea what's next. But am I more scare of allowing my life to careen out of control or of having to make tough decisions and stick to them? Take care of yourself. Keep posting. Congratulations on the program.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, you can do it. If I can do it anybody can....really. I was close to hopeless. I hope you have the time to read and post to SR often....it saved me. Best wishes.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

yes I was given numbers to call if i really need to talk ....its just the last 9 calls i got were from drinking buddys pressuring me to go out.....ive never missed a friday/sat. night out in like 10yrs......told them im sick and taking antibiotics so i can't go...i don't feel like telling them im a alcoholic trying to quit right yet....only my gf and brother know im getting help
Old 02-24-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I get those calls! I'm sorry. That's serious temptation. But you won't go, right?

We will miss the first Friday at the town tavern in a year tonight. We will get calls. Too bad. Maybe we'll see a movie.

Take care of yourself. Those callers can go on without you. (Mine too)
Old 02-24-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Don't take any calls from your drinking buddies this weekend and if you feel you need to talk to somebody...Use the numbers you have from the meeting. Those numbers are to use before you drink...Not after. Just hang in there...Listen to AA speaker tapes...Read the Big Book...THINK RECOVERY.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

day 5 sober....the pains and sweats are starting to subside, but not totally(still got abit of the shaky hands to)..cravings are still there but am using exercise to combat them with success so far....getting crazy ass dreams lately but they've probably always been there just been to drunk to remember any of them...anyways the out patient program and this site have been helping me out a ton and would like to thank you all...my restless nights are eased but reading threw the posts on this site, glad i found it.Thank you