Notices

Yesterday I was an alcoholic, and tomorrow I am still a....

Old 02-11-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yesterday I was an alcoholic, and tomorrow I am still a....

Hello SR friends and family. Well its a freezing winter storm day here, used to be one of my favorite times to go out to the bars. And today I can gladly say USED to be .

For once an alcoholic ,always a alcoholic. I will never be cured. My alcoholism for today is only arrested. And that is the best arrest I ever had LOL. No matter how long I stay sober, if I ever pick up that bottle again, I am like I was dropped off at the finish line. Right were I left it . There is absolutly no exception to this , I have tested several times. All with utter failure. There is no more fun in that bottle for me , those good ol times are long gone. I cant recapture them and I would die quickly trying.

So when I finally ended that life and went into my program , and I learned how bankrupt I was . Not only financially , morally, but most important spiritually. But the love and support of the program and you all here, all that has turned and grown into a lovely faith for myself and the fellow alcoholic as well as I know really can live more by the term "easy does it".

So much more relaxing way to live. Being of that alcoholic mind, I didnt only drink way to much for way to long, I just did everything to much except care for myself. Beating myself down mentally and physically with that . I dont miss the amount of energy I had to put into getting threw the day. I now can truly chairish getting up and going threw it.

Thanks to all, everyone enjoy your weekend and smile cause sobriety looks good on you.

Good love, Inda
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Thanks, India! You write well and keep me inspired!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice post Inda. I learned I will always be an alcoholic, for my past repeated itself. Binge drinking 13 yrs ago, went to AA. Sobered up for yrs, began to drink socially, holidays, etc. Thought I had control, blamed my previous binges on college, etc.
It only took me 2 yrs to spiral into a complete alcoholic. Stayed there for 3 or so more yrs before I finally took steps to sober up again.
I can not afford to make that mistake again.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

And just to add , grateful for each day I have. For I can not know how many are left, but so glad I found sobriety before the end.

RIP WH . Rest for the demons are no longer.

Sleep all, and see you tomorrow.

Good love, Inda
Old 02-11-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Inda, thanks to SR friends and family I'm 5 months off crack today. Best wishes.