Notices

Ive seen the light

Old 02-11-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

Ive seen the light

Writing my memoir is putting my life into a whole new perspective. My drinking problem was far worse than I believed. I was in denial and now I see how negatively it screwed up my life I cannot avoid it. I am no longer ashamed of having a drinking problem I used it to self medicate my depression like so many other people in this world. Its a very emotional feeling for me to experience but feel like a weight has been lifted. I am no longer going to feel any shame but instead find the positivity in my own struggles. Hopefully through my writing, I can save someone else from becoming a slave to the deathly grip of alcohol dependence.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We can not change the past. We can only change our future path. Drinking alcohol is like drinking poison & expecting the other person to die.
I had to learn to forgive others in my childhood, forgive myself for punishing myself for things others did to me.
It is hard, but worth the effort to work past our pain.
You choose what power others have over you & when you release it, you are free to be happy w/ who you are & who you CAN be.
Don't wallow in what was, mistakes you've made. We're only human. Learn from it & move on to more important, hopeful things. Life is what you make it.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think writing your memoir is a great way to learn about yourself and to change the perspective that you've had. And, letting go of the shame and guilt is so important.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Loved reading every word here, ladies - awesome stuff!!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

Thanks its self therapy taking a look into my soul learning about myself through the written word extremely powerful stuff.