Notices

Just An Update

Old 02-05-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just An Update

I thought I’d give an update, I have not posted in ages but I have given ‘Thanks’ in threads, I’ve been reading on and off.

Well about a year ago I decided that I would try to quit drinking, I had tried so many times before only to pick up again, it’s been nearly a year (Feb 19th 2011).

I need to get back in here on a daily basis, I don’t desire drink but I have found myself overdoing caffeine and energy drinks, sounds silly but I think I am just really drifting into a rut with over stimulating with canine. I have decided today to not drink coffee or energy drinks for a few days to see how I feel, so far I have had a continuous headache all day, not quitting coffee just trying to get back to normal levels.

Well, thanks everyone, I know without doubt I could not have made it this far without you, I feel like I could have one or 2 beers and be ok, but I know if I started all bets would be off, I actually love being sober and do not want a drink at all, it does get easier with time, sobriety is who I am.

I do realize that folks like me have to continue working on themselves, even my thoughts start drifting into negative patterns when I don’t do the work.

So hi to all the new people that have joined and hi to all those that have been around a while!

Old 02-05-2012, 09:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, congrats on almost a year! I'm at 7.5 months. I feel like a little kid sometimes saying 'and a half.' Remember when you weren't just 9 years old, you were 9 and 1/2 or 9 3/4? Hehe. When I quit drinking I started noticing a lot of other things besides booze that I was overdoing it on - caffeine was definitely one of those things! You just notice a lot more not being drunk...
Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Caffeine has its withdrawl symptoms too. I doubt you are over doing it, but headaches are the main culprit, along with some depression. Im glad you are near a year, but it may time to cut out the caffeine too. Good luck bud!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((SomethingBetter))) - way to go!!! I'm convinced I just have an addictive personality...I tend to overdo a lot of stuff (except exercise, which I wish I'd embrace). Smoke? too much. Diet sodas? too much. Also did the same with food, alcohol and opiates before I got addicted to crack.

I still have to work on the cigs and diet sodas, but awareness is the first step, I'm just waiting to get to the next step

All in all, though, I'm so grateful for not giving into the one thing that controlled my life so much, I do have faith I will get there

Hugs and prayers,

Amy