Notices

Quitting alcohol is hard to do

Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I remember the first time I tried to stop drinking, thinking it would be as simple and straightforward as avoiding the liquor store, just not 'picking up' again. I soon found out there was much more involved in it than that. Why did I feel like I had no control? It was, as they say, 'baffling'.

I spent more than a year in this cycle, I never gave up though and kept on seeking help, as disheartening as it got. Eventually it began to work. No, it's not easy, giving up alcohol was probably the hardest thing I ever did, but I can truly say the rewards were more than worth it. I got my life, my freedom back. It's not as if everything as is perfect now, but those simple things mean a great deal to me.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i've quit heroin, cocaine, cigarettes
but still cant kick the booze, to give you an idea.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by invisibledrunk View Post
i've quit heroin, cocaine, cigarettes
but still cant kick the booze, to give you an idea.
I am SO impressed!! (Not with the fact that you can't give up the booze, lol but with everything else!! You obviously have such great willpower?
It's easy to say but obviously you need to replace alcohol in your life with something healthy? (Like I said, easy to say). Only you could think of something good that may possibly take it's place and I really hope you do?
All the VERY best to you!!