Notices

Relapse dreams

Old 01-31-2012, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse dreams

So I had a dream there was alcohol everywhere and it was as if I went from party to party with every one I ever drank with in my life because the scenes and my clothes would change. The presence of alcohol is the only thing that remained constant. I was trying so hard not to drink and nobody would listen to me or believe me about my sobriety. I finally broke down in tears and someone said I should see a counselor...they brought me into a room with Amy Winehouse!! She was sober and looked great and after my "session" with her, I woke up. Sheesh!!!! I went from getting no sleep to having crazy REM deep sleep dreams such as this one. Feel so great waking up today before the sun, sober and quite frankly, alive. I have read on SR that some people do have relapsing dreams and just wanted to share my experience...esp the Amy Winehouse part. I hope that's a sign that she's no longer struggling and in peace ((hugs)) all and a good sober day
Old 01-31-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

It sounds like a recovery dream to me. Dreaming about drinking/ not drinking seemed to be common for me in the first few months.

I dreamt that I drank in a few of them and had "OH no" moments in the dream. I was so glad to wake up sober. It can be very unnerving. It's only a dream amazing though they are!!

I am now over 260 days. I had a dream about doing all sorts of things, a lot of which were theme park rides. I guess the message was one of exciting new possibilities for me. I woke up and am glad it is true.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had those dreams...Well...Never one with Amy Winehouse. But I dreamed of drinking and it scared the hell out me. I guess I would sleep....And my alcoholic mind didn't need to. It's a powerful disease...It doesn't give you many breaks.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
So it goes

I had that dream last night too, I dreamt I had drunk wine, and woke up , in the dream, feeling like the dregs of the universe full of remorse for having failed the simple task of not drinking. I then woke up for real, and realised I hadnt drunk at all. It was good to be reminded how bad it feels to drink, without having had a drink, if that doesnt sound too daft.