Notices

Im Confused

Old 01-12-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im Confused

My real questionis how long withdrawls should last...i started using oxycontin about three years ago but not refularly till several months in...i used about a year and never fot above around 15mg a day...then another six months or so i started suboxone...never took more than a quarter pill a day but relapsed probably eight months in cuz i hung out with ppl who kept using...so this last summer i stopped subs and everything all together for maybe three months used maybe 20 - 25mg a day until about a month ago and i started ussmoking heroin about a point a day at most...so i decided i had enough and told everyone i knew that used to kick rocks and quit cold turkey...this is almost 144 hours since last use i started feeling better yesterday but today seems worse yesterday all i had was chills but today the sweating returned...i thought i would have peaked by now i knew i wouldnt be done yet but since i felt better yesterday i thought i would start feeling better each day...everything i read says symptoms peak at around three daya...i thought since i used so much less than most i would be done a lil quicker...ive never puked from withdrawls all ive ever had is hot cold flashes sweating and the runs...im just curious when these should start subsiding i swear they started subsiding sooner the last time i quit using
Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry my DOC is alcohol but you're doing great so far - Hang in there.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

ask your doctor or google it
Old 01-12-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The withdrawals will commonly get worse each time you use again after stopping the first time.

When I stopped using oxys, the first ten days or so were pretty rough. After I finally started getting a few hours of sleep a night, then I started to feel much better.
The first week was almost no sleep, hot and cold sweats, irritability, no appetite, anxiety, depression.

If you stop and stay stopped, you won't have to go through this again. But if you stop and then start using again, the withdrawals will likely be worse and last longer. That was my experience.

Keep reading and posting here. You will find tons of support.

God bless.

That's been my experience.

God bless.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

i was a serious opiate junkie, snorting approx. 240mg of oxycontin daily. i quit cold turkey, and while the worst of it(puking, sweats, diarrhea, lack of appetite) lasted 3-4 days it was well over a week before i felt remotely like myself again, and longer than that before l felt like i was going to be ok in my own skin.

the good news is that this can be your last withdrawal. i haven't ingested an opiate, or any drug or alcohol in over two years.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Day6

I have no experience with Oxy, but I know there's a few oxy threads in our substance abuse forum that you may like to read

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 01-14-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

just an update

Tonight at 9 is 8 days and im doing better...mornings are rough and tough to get going but once im up and moving i feel better...over all doing great and staying away from anyone who uses anything other than pot...im actually STARTING to feel like myself agan
Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear Day6 - keep it up!

D