Notices

I did it!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am happy for you Ovrock! I am really pulling for you and SoCalDude. Stay strong, both of you!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good job, ovrock... remember, SoCalDude is watching you, best behavior...
Old 01-04-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ovrock,

I experienced a sense of relief on your behalf. I really think you are going to make it.
Please keep posting. I know you are going to love your sober life.

All the best CaiHong
Old 01-04-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Re-Member

So Cal is just itchy to post this if you force him to, trust me, he'll do it!

You are sooooo just one drink away from a sound foot tapping!

Keep up the good work! 1. Don't drink. 2. Repeat as needed
Old 01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
Good job, ovrock... remember, SoCalDude is watching you, best behavior...
My biggest problem is overconfidence. Last time I made 20 days, I felt I could go hang in the usual spot and drink non-alcoholic beverages. THAT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS TIME!!! I learnt my lesson the hard way. ONE HELL OF A WITHDRAWAL!!! I don't want to ever feel like that again. I am going to give this the best shot I ever gave. AND YOU TOO!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ovrock View Post
My biggest problem is overconfidence. Last time I made 20 days, I felt I could go hang in the usual spot and drink non-alcoholic beverages. THAT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS TIME!!! I learnt my lesson the hard way. ONE HELL OF A WITHDRAWAL!!! I don't want to ever feel like that again. I am going to give this the best shot I ever gave. AND YOU TOO!!!
I feel ya.. It is a little easier for me when I go out, because I WILL NOT drink and drive, not even a drop.. so if I drive (which I usually do) I know I won't drink.. I can sit at the bar all night and not drink anything but red bull or water..

I was invited on New Years to take a 'party bus' with the neighbors, and I turned it down. I knew I wouldn't have my strength of 'no drinking and driving' to back me up if I went with them. Stayed in, and got lost in a great book -- it was by far more rewarding than waking up with a hangover the next day!

Cheers,
-SCD
Old 01-06-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Right!!!

Was soooo busy yesterday, I couldn't post. I went to the clinic yesterday. Had a one hour group session that was very informative. Then did a forty five minute session one on one with the counselor. I enjoyed that more.

The setting is suprisingly very professional. My counselor is a former poly-addict (alcohol, crack and marijuana). Trust me folks, I do not have war stories like this guy. He is very well qualified both in experience and academia. Both of us are confident that we will do just fine, and this "project" will be a success... My next session is scheduled for next week Friday 10:30am.

Hey, I feel great already
Old 01-06-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ovrock,
Sounds like you're on the path to success. Awesome...Its always great to hear an inspiring story like yours...Continue to stay focused and you will beat whatever was trying to beat you...good luck
Old 01-06-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kingman063 View Post
Ovrock,
Sounds like you're on the path to success. Awesome...Its always great to hear an inspiring story like yours...Continue to stay focused and you will beat whatever was trying to beat you...good luck
Hey King, it aint no secret that ovrock LOVES a good drink, or ten.

BUT!!!

When I wake up feeling no effects of alcohol, walking out to my super clean apartment, knowing where my car is, feeling confident that I didn't make a royal arse of myself the night before etc etc etc.. I know that drink that I so love aint worth the thought.

We're all in this together. If wasn;t for SR, I would have tried to do it alone AGAIN, and most like fail again. This is my first SERIOUS attempt.. I promised myself, I will NOT go through withdrawals again. I don't intend too...