Notices

I finally had a discussion with Alcohol Sobriety

Old 01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I finally had a discussion with Alcohol Sobriety

As i am kicking off the new gear and dealing with work stuff at top speed, it dawned on me that there are many aspects of my professional life i just can't stand. Normally, I would have reached for the bottle at this time (5PM), which obviously isn't an option. Then it dawned on me....JUST DEAL WITH IT! GROW UP AND DEAL WITH IT. It's like alcohol gave me a five year vacation from dealing with my dissatisfaction of my professional life. And while it was highly highly successful, sometimes you just wake up and decide - vacation's over, i now need to deal.

Only what you try to change can change!

Aside from quitting, i think that was my first big boy conversation. With any luck I'll hit puberty by next month.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've recently had the same experience.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I first had that same discussion (it went on for several months) before I got clean.

I am nearly three years into recovery. I consider my recovery beginning when I acknowledged my addiction and began to seek real solutions. Last month it hit me squarely and deeply how much of a child I am. And that my most important task is to grow up. That feels overwhelming, because I don't know how to grow myself up.