Notices

I wish I could rewind and re-record December.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Great post Well.... our stories are very very similar. I held onto "I can't be an alcoholic, I'm not mean, I don't scream and yell, and I don't beat the crap out of ppl when I drink" as PROOF POSITIVE I wasn't an alcoholic for many years.

Of course, I had only my opinion of what a real alcoholic is and had never taken the time (scared, maybe?) to find out what an alcoholic really is.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane though, well......not "thanks" as in I'm happy i relived my youth (lol), but I can appreciate where you came from and, evidently, needed to be reminded where I come from.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Mommy. I hear you but the guilt etc will pass. Use that experience as a tether to your sobriety. Everytime you think about drinking "run the tape forward and see yourself missing that Christmas"

You will have so many good times to come and it sounds like your kids are young enough to remember you sober. This is a wonderful gift.

There might be some difficult times ahead and your addiction (alcoholic voice or AV) will say almost anything to get you to drink. Don't give into it!!

You might want to see a doctor. There is help out there that will cut down on the cravings etc. might want to stay away from some meds that are habit forming.

I'm routing for you. You can do this.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Still sober as day 10 comes to an end. I have checked in throughout the day on all your posts. You have no idea how helpful they have been. You have all kept me sober another day. I built Legos with my older boys and kissed my 4 month old dozens of times. It was a good day filled with lots of seltzer and water. Thanks for your support.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day well done! Sounds like you had a fabulous time; lots of fun!

Just remember - we didn't keep you sober - you did

We provided support and advice, you were the one who stayed strong and made the good choices. Each day will get better and better!

Enjoy how great you'll feel in the morning You deserve it!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hooray!! So glad you are on the way back to health and happiness. Kisses are the best medicine.

Wellwisher, that post was amazing, and the line about the tear-stained faces singing happy birthday brought me to tears. I'm very sorry about your brother and very glad for you being still here in this beautiful world.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Mommy

Great night playing with your kids huh? It still gets boring at times but you'll grab those good moments. I have 10 year old twins, a 6 and a 4 year old and they like me much better sober (not not "smelly"). Great - who knew I smelled but I must have. I'm sad for the times I did miss but very happy I didn't lose everything before I quit. I'm a much better (and happier) Mom sober.

Like SadSoul said You're doing this - we're just here for support. And you are rockin' it.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I am so happy to read your update!

I can't tell you how much I cried in early sobriety. Just so many tears. It'll all pass.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Whenever my mind contemplates using again, I just think of the guilt and shame I felt the next morning after my last drunk. Then I think of how much I have hurt my family. The urge goes away pretty quick after that.

You are going to be okay Mammy.

God bless.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am so happy to be apart of this network. What brought me here sucks but I feel so supported. It is good to read your stories and I don't feel alone in my struggle. I have tried to talk to my family before but they have not understood; they just say stop drinking if your out of control. They just don't get it the way you guys get it. Feeling good going to bed with a clear head.And I'm in the double digits! Day 10 over.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm on day 5 and it is coming to an end. Had to learn how to play with my daughter.
Imagine that, 5 kids and I screwed up so bad I forgot how to play.
The past is the past and your children will be so proud of you for
The strength it took to do this. Watch out for the guilt. It's a liar and only
Serves to keep us enslaved. I should know, its had me for 30 years.