Notices

Sober New Years Eve Plans??

Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

No special plans. NYE is very over-rated, IMO. I'll probably be in bed by 10pm and up early New Year's Day with no hangover
Old 12-31-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

going out to dinner w friends. I'm the designated driver. Then, home, prolly a movie, maybe some ice cream. I plan to be asleep or thereabouts by midnight.

No interest in drunken new yrs celebrations. Didn't enjoy it much when I was drinking, for that matter. Actually sobriety is a great excuse :-)
Old 12-31-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm trying to make this my first sober new year's eve in my adult life. I'll be spending most of today studying for my CFA exam, take my parents out for dinner, and end the night watching a dvd in my home. It feels a little "lame" but much better than the consequences of drinking "just this once" because that once will surely turn into months of daily drinking again.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Like a lot of others on this thread, I'll be in bed around 10:00. I'll be up early tomorrow for a NYD hike in the Santa Rita Mountains near my home. Here is a Happy and sober New Year wish to all of you from SE Arizona.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Dinner out w/ hubby, bed by 10ish after NY ball drops
Old 12-31-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I'll be opening my home group meeting with a newer member and then heading to the next town over where my AA district is holding it's annual NYE celebration. We'll have a pile of food, a lead I'll miss (have to keep the meeting open--we always get a few folks in from out of town or getting squirrely at family/friends' gatherings), and a white elephant sale after for which my husband is the auctioneer. He's great. He'll be wearing his special AA red shoes and the LLBean Stetson I got him for Christmas. I'll be wearing my gorgeous 12-stone sobriety necklace he got for me (as well as other dress-up duds). We may be home by midnight--it's always hard to tell how long these things will last--but I'll be sober and participating in an event that helps a lot of new folks bring in the new year sober as well.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

For those that like to watch the show from Time Square, there are some Cams to watch as well EarthCam - New Year's 2012 / New Year's Eve 2011 I generally keep a cam up on my second monitor (what ever it may be)... hope their server stays up this year.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My college alma mater is playing in the Chik-Fil-A bowl tonight! 'nuff said
Old 12-31-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Going downtown for New Years eve dinner with my girlfriend and her family at a restaurant called Niko Niko's, then heading over to Discovery Green park to watch some live music and perhaps do some night-time ice skating. They all know I have a drinking problem so I don't think staying sober tonight will be an issue. But I am bringing a klonopin just in case I get some anxiety with everything going on tonight.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Just put chili on in the crockpot. We have shrimp and cocktail sauce, cheese and crackers, stuff for sandwiches, truffles for a sweet tooth. My husband and I had a disagreement over sparkling grape juice, though. Oh, well.

We're going to watch the rest of a TV series we downloaded from Netflix called Harper's Island. Hoping the storyline is resolved before then end (13 episodes) because it was only one season.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
him

home.. with friends and family..
Old 12-31-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

AA meeting then home with the family and enjoying the fact that I won't be waking up with a hangover like the rest of the world will be!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Irritably making matzoh and trying to work through the "what do I do with my evenings now that they're no longer spent reaching towards the bottom of a bottle.". I used to make tofu and bread from scratch. Decided the unleavened kind is a good place to start. Especially since it's 11:15.

Now...what to put on them when they're finished?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

At a LAN party with the bf...
Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Twilight Zone marathon! it is a new years eve institution for me. NYE has never been a big drinking/partying night for me. I like it, but I'd rather stay in and drink tea and crochet and watch the twilight zone.