Notices

Hi I am new

Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to you and the best of Luck on your recovery Journey.
May you have many blessings along the road to recovery.
Its a tough road. Takes hard work !!!!
Lots of meetngs + sponsor
work steps
You are among friends and supporters.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE !
Old 12-30-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Coping skills? Start with activity. I don't mean that you aren't already busy, but you ARE in NYC. Get the boys dressed and go to the met museum of art, the other museums, central park on weekends, take a drive over the Troggs Neck bridge and take a beautiful drive up the Connecticut turnpike.

You see you are now free to go and do without worrying about your state of inebriation. It is hard to drink teaching the boys about art and in the museums history and all about the dinosaurs. You will be learning and growing up right along with them. We were just talking about that the other day as one of our members was going now to all kinds of cultural events in NY from her CT home base. I am originally from there but now am stuck in another culture which has a charm all its own, but I do miss the arts and shows and culture high and low available in the Tri-state area. Pick yer poison as long as it isn't alcohol/drugs, and you can find it within the city or within 50 miles of it.

Here it is hunting and fishing with my boys when they were little, and sports and motocross. Your social skills will not get better unless you start getting out and practicing them. And you can teach them their social skills while you explain to them what you are going to learn each day.

But that is just me. If I were there I would miss here, nothing is perfect. But many folks take for granted and miss the things in their own backyards.

Go to meetings and read here voraciously.