Notices

Christmas and addiction

Old 12-25-2011, 12:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Christmas and addiction

Hi everyone hope you are all well and Merry Christmas and happy Chanukah

Am unsure what to do my dr has given me valium again for my social anxiety but i have only took one out of ten that i have and that was weeks ago
My husband has them and is keeping an eye on them because am more likely to keep taking them if i had my way am not abusing them but am still taking some thing that i find addictive My dr wont give me anything else as she feels i need them at the moment

We are finding this time of year hard because everyone else is drink including my mum who just finished cancer treatment so we feel if she can drink why cant we
keep craving Irish creame really want it just the creamy ness of it
or maybe its the alcoholic mind coming in to play
We have been through Christmases before with out drink am sure we can do it again
But they thoughts of it is still there
Old 12-25-2011, 01:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey DA. Merry Christmas to you. Hope those thoughts go away. I have never taken valium but I have had my share of xanax and opiates. Have you tried any kiind of talk therapy for the anxiety? I have heard that meditation and exercise work well also.
Don't know how long you have been sober, but after 30 days for me the anxiety has lessoned quite a bit. Praying for you.
God bless.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey DA

It's good to have you back - there's always a lot of support here

D
Old 12-25-2011, 01:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Earth Child

We have been sober for about 5 months we think before we took the Valium
We have social anxiety because of past abuse and other stuff
we have had therapy but it didnt help so the only road that we can go down is exercise and medication.

Andrew my husband has been so supportive some of my alters have been wanting drink because its Christmas and we had to explain to them how this would be a bad thing 1) because the little ones would understand what is happening to them when there drunk and 2) we would be back to square one again and refueling the fire so to speak

My husband has brought us some non alcoholic drinks for Christmas so we have that and they taste really nice

Also this time of year is hard because we lost my dad in September he killed himself and its hard this year as its the first Christmas with out him
and we cant be at my mums because of the buses and we cant leave our cats for 2 days as they need feeding

Thank you
Ella