Notices

Need input about my sponsor Please

Old 12-23-2011, 03:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I keep coming back and reading/re-reading all of these responses--thank you ALL for your input! I realize that this is my life here....I have been around aa for longer than I care to admit...doing "my way" which has never worked, and it never will.

I am saturating myself with "Step One"....which I always blew off as the "yeah, obviously" Step....I picture myself struggling in the water, "trying to seize the life-preserver"....I thank this sponsor for helping me to see, and "live" Step One, however I have some serious things to consider....I don't want to act out of haste...I have other trusted women that I also go to for guidance, women that are working the program etc. I think, no I "know" that we all learn from eachother..my sponsor seemed to really appreciate my question to her yesterday-and told me so-perhaps that is the nudge she has needed...like I said, I won't act in haste...This woman has been there for me unconditionally..don't get me wrong, I am NOT at all saying that I will stay with her as a sponsor out of the feeling that I "owe her"--however through quiet time, prayer and meditation, speaking with another, and "time" as it unfolds, my answers will come. Thanks everyone for helping me reach this understanding. My Higher Power works through people
Old 12-23-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great post Eric...The truth.