Notices

Just joined

Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Arrow Committment is so Powerful

Many years ago I used to read this quote regularly - and let it slip to the back burner in recent years. It is a powerful quote and now that I am committed you have all stepped in - and things are occurring that otherwise would not have occurred.

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."
Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Ready and Able - I think you must have been there is spirit tonite. I will look forward to learning more about your journey and learning from you.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome journeying. Glad you could join us. And so glad your grey cup event was a success -for you. Its difficult in the beginning to fight those feelings when you're on the fence with your own feelings.
When I first quit (10 months now) I found things to keep my mind and body busy. Walking is a great stress reliever and fresh air is great to clear out the cobwebs. Finding things to do in the house shouldn't be hard since we are so used to putting things off because we rather drink. So clean out that closet or dresser.
If you have an old hobby that you put aside, start it up again. Hobbies are fun without booze and much more rewarding.
Wishing you the peace and strength you need and good luck on your new journey. We are here for you.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome!