Notices

Need strength

Old 11-22-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Time to Change,

I too wanted to change user names at one time and I actually did! I joined in 07 and will have a year in just a month. Shows you how many times I have had to start over!

I am a believer in the Bible and I read that a righteous man falls seven times but gets up seven times. I kept getting back up, brushing myself off and returning to the boards.

I still remember my first AA meeting. I was terrified. What happened there was I ended up meeting a gal who sponsored me, she is no longer my sponsor but one of my best friends! She has over 11 yrs sober and came over and had dinner w/ me tonight and we chatted and she asked me for advice about something in her life! Who'd have thunk it? LOL

You can do this....please don't stay down, get back up again and again and keep trying. Hopefully this time you can get and stay sober, but you are in some great company!

Be encouraged.

Lily
Old 11-23-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I really needed to wake up and read all of those wonderful words of wisdom, advice, and just knowing that people out there are just like me and can relate!

I had a choppy night's sleep with lots of strange dreams, but it was restful sleep (finally) and I knew my body was healing and still is. After drinking (which was typically every day) even if I wasn't "hungover" I could feel the effects of the alcohol on my body, in my motivation, my frame of mind, my mood. Before I fell asleep tonight I "prayed" and I am not very religious. But I was thankful that I am coming to this realization that I need to end this relationship with alcohol before something really terrible happened. And that this just has to be it. Sometimes when bad feelings rush over me, that's just what leads me to drink. But I have to remember, that it doesn't help, it only makes everything that much worse.

Not sure i want to do the "counting days" thing, like I tried to do in the past. That kind of makes me get in the mindset that there is an end in sight. So I am just onto another wonderful day that that I don't drink