Notices

I need help.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help.

I have 38 days and am wanting to use for the first time since I got out of treatment. It's the loneliness that's killing me.. and a broken heart. I've given the situation up to my higher power and have prayed multiple times, but I'm having difficulty in finding comfort and acceptance.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, you have come to the right place. We are all in the same space on SR. We understand the loneliness and the temptations. I totally get that I sometimes get the idea that I'm lonely and so I should drink, but I can't figure out when alcohol ever kept me company. Every time I give in I just put my life on hold...you don't want to do that.

After rehab you need to stay strong right now. What strategies did you learn in rehab? What can you do to fill the time?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that's the hard part for me too... but I am not alone, I want to make ammends with some people from my past but they don't want anything to do with me, at all... It's terrible, all they want from me is money. And all I want from them is love. I guess a person doesn't have to have a substance abuse problem to be sick do they?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi jhay
good to see you again

as I just said to someone else - do you have a support network, J? people to call or meetings to go to ?

I know it's hard to reach out sometimes but sometimes that's what we need to do, I think

I'm sorry you're sad but better days are always just ahead - I really believe that
Drinking holds no answers - not even for a broken heart.

D
Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee. That's just what I needed to hear. <3
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just know that it is normal to feel uncomfortable and lonely sometimes. These are very real emotions.

Getting through tough days, weeks, and months are what makes us stronger and appreciate the good times.

Honestly, if we were never lonely and uncomfortable, we would never know what it feels like to be comfortable.

Hang in there.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

Jhay. I am slowly learning that my emotions can be uncomfortable, but they are best felt and acknowledged for what they are, rather than reacted to to make them go away.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I tell this a lot, but I believe it's true: try being grateful for your blessings, no matter how small. I started practicing gratitude around three months sober, as I was sober but still miserable, and now I'm quite good at being thankful. Doesn't matter how small the blessing, being thankful imparts a good healthy happy attitude and it certainly made a difference in my life.

:ghug3