Notices

When we are sober

Old 11-08-2011, 12:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When we are sober

When we are sober, it is a precious time. If I started drinking again I don't know how long it would be until I was able to quit again. It could be years. These times that we are sober are like the special moments of a lifetime. Like when the tide goes out and reveals all the shells and sand dollars sparkling in the sunlight and creatures revealed in the moonbeams. We can think clearly again and we have energy again and we can feel and experience life.

I don't take this time of sobriety for granted because I know how special it is just to be coherent and present. I can identify with so many things all of you are struggling with. I am thankful that I am not drinking. Alcohol is really terrible, and I wish nobody ever had to suffer alcoholism anymore. To think that I spent so much time and energy chasing such a vile substance that did such hideous things to my mind, my body, and my character is sad. Drinking was a big mistake.

I am glad to be finished with it. I don't even want to drink anymore. There isn't anything good about drinking. Being under the influence of alcohol is just brief euphoria followed by extreme unfounded emotions and perilous delusions. Alcohol is a rip off. Why I ever liked alcohol is beyond me. Alcohol takes everything good in life and leaves a wasteland of misery and destruction. It burns a hole in soul and leaves wounds that will never heal in people we may never meet. Alcohol leaves people paralyzed and dead. One night of drinking can ruin your life and leave your friends in the grave. Drinking solves nothing.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Drinking solves nothing

I had to really wrap my head around this concept to achieve happy sobriety, but it's true. Alcohol solves nothing and ruins everything. I am truly grateful for my sobriety.