Notices

Guilty & Ashamed.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Hello Panrose,
Welcome to the forum, and i think it's great and very courageousthat you decided to reach out while struggling. I'm very sorry that you have to go through this and I'm glad that you are getting counselling. Shame is destructive, and it can't change what happened. I've been there, drinking to numb out shame and guilt and pain. It's not a good place and keeps you sick longer.

But you can do all that is possible to make a better present and future for yourself. It will get better, please konw that you are not condemned to a miserable life because of what happened. I'm not telling you to completely ignore the past. But maybe you can balance the feelings of guilt by working on sobriety and taking care of yourself as some sort of redemption to yourself. You can give yourself a good chance to heal and take good care of yourself, and feel in control of your own destiny again. You are not alone, and will find a lot of supportive people here. Best wishes,
Lionne
Old 11-02-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Panrose;3156457] I'm trying to piece together what I did when I binged and I feel sick with it all.

I remember those days too well. The best advice I've received is to focus on the future because you can't change the past.

This is a great place for that as well!