Administrator

Glad you made it through. I'd probably skip BYOB occasions for a while tho

D
Old 10-30-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Glad you made it through. I'd probably skip BYOB occasions for a while tho

D
I was just looking for the Thanksgiving list you posted. I think it would have helped in this situation.

I do agree, however, that avoiding any event with alcohol being served until I got my feet under me.

Congrats Mediocre on making it through day 2!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Mediocre I have been there. The hangovers are the WORST. I have such a sensitive stomach I probably wouldn't last another 5 years if I kept drinking, honestly believe that. When I drank, I never slept well, it's like waking up in a constant nightmare. You are so young and have your whole life ahead of you. I hope you choose to stop soon and just know that we are here for you.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, everyone is very nice and supportive here. I appreciate it, its going to be tough
Old 10-30-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
Thanks everyone, everyone is very nice and supportive here. I appreciate it, its going to be tough
It will get better. If you want to quit and dedicate yourself to a program of recovery, any program, it will get better.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hang in there Mediocre...you're doing great!

You absolutely need to do this. Please keep posting your progress. I was not unlike you 4 months ago...SR can get you through!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Please keep adding the days. You'll be amazed at how they begin to pile up, and how your body heals without chemicals in it. You can do this, and you need to do it. I quit at age 39 and wish the hell I had quit at your age.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Just got put to the test, had to go to a birthday dinner at a byob restaurant and everyone was trying to hand me beers the whole time, plus there were kids there screaming and running around. I sure wanted one but i declined and just ate my meal. I think i can say day 2 is pretty much in the books.
Well done, Mediocre, on staying strong.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Mediocre, I was scared to death about the prospect of not drinking, it terrified me. After the first couple of days, I started to think that this wasn't that bad so far. I tried to keep that outlook going. I started to tell myself that this was going to be only as difficult as I made it to be. I was choosing the things I wanted so badly, I was choosing to keep my marriage, my family, my house, my job, my health and my sanity. There was no denial, no deprivation, no loss, no grieving, just a sense of relief and confidence that I would succeed. That horrible part of my life was over.

It wasn't a tough choice to make in the least. Keep posting.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sorry guys got busy starting a new job this week and didnt get to do any updates. Well day 3 didnt go over as well as the first 2. I did end up going out for a little bit with some friends but it wasnt bad. I drank 3 beers and was in complete control of it, i set an amount i was going to have, stuck to it and put it down when i reached it. I havent drank since then though but i dont really feel bad about it, it actually relaxed me enough to get to sleep.