Notices

setting a sobriety date

Old 10-28-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Titanium

Originally Posted by meblonde View Post
to you it doesn't matter, but to me it does..
that's why everyone is worried for you.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Why focus on a date so much? Your ex's birthday?? Um, I'm pretty sure a gagillion other things have happened on that date throughout history besides some POS being born.

If one picks a date (many don't even count time), it can be whatever one wants. You don't have to actually imbibe for it to be "real". You couldn't PAY me to put that sh*t in my body...for any reason. I can make whatever choices I like, pick whatever date I want, or not. I can change my name to "Cher" too if I feel like it.

Sometimes in the past I have found myself focusing on things that aren't important. The only importance they held was the importance I placed on them.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Just to put a different spin on things, I'm wondering why the focus is on the "last day of drink" instead of the "first day of sobriety"? You could leave your ex and the alcohol and all the other awful, negative stuff in the past up through the date of his birthday, and the positive part of your life already began the next day (and as someone just starting out, I have to say that the first two weeks of sobriety are nothing to sneeze at!). Then, every year in the future, you might have a rough day on your ex's birthday---it seems like you at least already have negative associations with it, and for good reason---but you'll be so proud that the next day is the anniversary of your sobriety and that you were able to start a new life. Just thought I'd throw that out there. What you do is completely up to you, of course, and I wish you all the best in your sobriety and everything else.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Peace, No More Guilt 9/28/2010

Last night I took 1 tsp of vocka and put it in a full glass of 7 up and drank it. My new sobrierty date is 11..11..11 .. I did it . I knew I could. I just needed to change that date..
thanks everyone for all your concerns...
Going Shopping
Old 11-11-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm new here but I actually get it. This is going tO be your date forever. 11.11.11 is a very cool date.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and glad you'll be joining us in the Class of November.

My date is 11.2.11 a "2" sandwich.

Join us on the November thread.

Terri
Old 11-11-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm glad it worked for you me blonde. I have 3 months today and am so proud of each 24 hrs that there is no way I'd put any amount of alcohol in my body just for a "cooler" or more meaningful date. However, I notice you've been around this site off and on for awhile, so I sincerely this date you wanted so badly is motivation for you to keep it and take your sobriety seriously. It is so worth it, and so are you! Wishing you the best
Old 11-11-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Well, this is your date, right? Then, make it your date. No more "reasons" to drink, because there are none.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

So how did that work out for you, Meblonde?