Notices

Ready to quit pot after 24 year awful addiction

Old 10-23-2011, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ready to quit pot after 24 year awful addiction

Hi
Glad to have found this forum. I am struggling very very much w- a 24 yr addiction to marijuana. I have tried to quit many many many times- and the older I get the harder it is. It is ruining my life right now. I really want to move forward and I believe my life will be much happier without it. So how do I actually do this?! I have some still right now. Last week I tried to quit, got rid of what I had- lasted 2 days and then had vicious cravings and slunk back to it. I have some mind strategies in mind to try to help myself but any support and encouragement here would be greatly welcomed. I have no one really IRL to talk to about it as I am embarressed to tell people of the severity of my problem. My spouse knows and is very supportive, he does not use drugs which is a great thing for me- and he wants me to quit but he doesn;t know how to help me any more than just encouraging me. I have failed so many times- not sure how to succeed this time- but I really want to.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I replied to your other post in Substance Abuse forum, but welcome to Newcomers

You'll find a lot of encouragement and support here - I think you'll find the decision to quit is one of the best decisions you've ever made

D
Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks! Yeah, I posted it there first and then here- wasn't sure if I shold remove the other one or not!
anyway- I am here on the eve of trying to quit again- so fully immersed in the addiction and looking hopefully to the near future withuot it- taking the plunge but feeling- weak, but hopeful- and really wanting sobriety- so now I just need to get rid of what I ahve, go to sleep, and embrace my lighter healthier cleaner future . . . I hopeI can do this!