Notices

lowered lebido

Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy lowered lebido

Hi all. I am a newly recovering alcoholic three months sober and i am feeling great! I have a bf that is also in recovery 7 months sober and it seems we have lost our intimacy desire. Him more so than I.. Nothing has changed in how we feel about eachother.. just that when it comes to being intimate his drive is not there... is this a normal part of recovery? Its very confusing for both of us.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I lost my drive for about 3 months. When it came back look out! I could cut diamonds!

At 7 months he should probably see a dr.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Happened with my bf too, but I think at least some of it was psychological. All sorts of thoughts and feelings and issues bubble up, and it took some time to learn how to deal with them, or at least put them on the back burner during love making.

It was very difficult for me. I thought that maybe he had only found me attractive when he was wasted, he swore that wasn't it, and didn't know what was the reason. but now at nearly 6 months, things are getting back to fine...heh heh better than fine
Old 10-17-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for your reply. Im glad to know that i am not the only one this has happened to. Was there anything one can do to try and improve the situation or is time the key element? thanks for your reply