Notices

Hello, I'm on day 4

Old 10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LSZ

Hello, I'm on day 4

I lost 75 pounds in 2010 when I completely quit drinking beer. (The first 40 or so without any other changes) I added exercise and good eating to get to 75.)

Well, alas, in Sept 2010 the NFL season began, which was a major trigger for me. I was back to a 6 pack on game day, then quickly a 6 pack every day again. By the time the season was over, I was a mess. A beer drunk, and ALL the weight back.

I did not think of quitting again until this NFL season started. I figured I would reverese the process. LOL I'm on day 4. I want to lose a 100 pounds and I think I can do it.

4 days without beer I already feel better. We can do it.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Glad you were able to get a thread started. Welcome again and best wishes in your efforts! Are you going to be exercising again as well?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Congratulations on Day 4! This is the first year I've ever watched football sober. I was really worried about it -- not just that I'd get cravings because I associate watching football with drinking, but also that I wouldn't enjoy the games as much (I realized how friggin' boring Nascar really is after I watched my first race sober). But if anything, I enjoy the games more now, especially since I can remember more about them the next day. You've got a good goal, LSZ and you can do it.

--Fenris.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR

D
Old 10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LSZ

Yes

Originally Posted by eJoshua View Post
Glad you were able to get a thread started. Welcome again and best wishes in your efforts! Are you going to be exercising again as well?
Yes, Last time I played alot of basketball and lifted weights. I have one 30 pound free weight that I do some lifting with right now, but I am going to wait and see if I drop alot of weight from just diet and no beer at first. (May do some walking but want to drop some pounds first for safety before going crazy with cardio. In 2010 when I was in shape after not drinking I was running on the treadmill at least 45 minutes up to 5 days a week. Real shame what happened to derail me. I remember making a conscious choice to get a 6 pack during the first Sunday of NFL games, and cooincidentally my gym membership was up for renewal. I never went back. I'm confident this will work. I have to get through this weekend though (another trigger for me). I should say that I have gone to "day 4" and "day 5" before but then plummetted because of a "Friday Night" and then back to every day. I think I obviously need a permanent life change choice. I'm 44 with a family too.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LSZ

Thank you Fenris

Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Congratulations on Day 4! This is the first year I've ever watched football sober. I was really worried about it -- not just that I'd get cravings because I associate watching football with drinking, but also that I wouldn't enjoy the games as much (I realized how friggin' boring Nascar really is after I watched my first race sober). But if anything, I enjoy the games more now, especially since I can remember more about them the next day. You've got a good goal, LSZ and you can do it.

--Fenris.
It seems silly for me to "blame" the NFL, but there is no denying for me the fact that it totally and completely trigger me off what had been an amazing turn around in the previous 6 months. My doctor had been amazed because I went from 275 to 195 in 6 monts, cut my cholesterol by over 120 points, and had almost reversed my diabetes. Then I went and F'd it all up. The reason I signed up here is so I have a cool way to sort of track it and not be alone in my efforts.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are certainly not alone! Best of luck to you!