Notices

This is dumb, but...

Old 09-26-2011, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is dumb, but...

I know exactly what I should do here. There's no question, but you know how sometimes you just want to hear it from other people? My dealer texted me yesterday saying that he needed help with "something" (I have no idea what)...I haven't texted him back and I don't plan to, but I feel so bad about it! We actually were *kind of* friends (ie, he wasn't just some random dude on the street - I knew him long before I started buying drugs from him) but I definitely don't want to get back into that. BUT, I feel really terrible about not helping him with whatever and I need you guys to tell me that texting him would be a RIDICULOUS idea. Obviously, it is. But tell me anyway. I can't call my mom and have her tell me what to do - but sometimes, I just want someone to tell me that I absolutely canNOT do something. Have at it.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by defyinggravity View Post
... My dealer texted me yesterday saying that he needed help with "something" (I have no idea what)...
If you believe that line, I have a nice bridge for sale that you might be interested in?

Or better yet... Pull my finger!

Old 09-26-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

haha...but I've always wanted a bridge!!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Out of the question. Don't do it. If this dealer was such a good friend then why was he selling you DRUGS? Real friends don't sell you drugs, real friends support you in recovery.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't do it! And don't feel even a little bit bad about saying no! Take care of you!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
As a general rule, it is a bad idea to hang around at drug dealers' houses. You never know when the police may show up, and if you are present when they do, "I didn't know" won't cut it.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

DG, you know that you're doing the right thing.

Your dealer will be just fine without your help, and it would be way too risky to go back to that place again.

Delete his number and refuse his calls.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was great friends with my dealer too - I had many calls asking me for my help with something as well - funnily enough it was mostly after I'd announce I was quitting drugs and booze...

I always came back three four days later drunk stoned and wiped out....and back in the game.

Trust that gut instinct dG.

D
Old 09-26-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have co-workers suggesting we go out...that I must be a blast when I'm drunk...I should go out and loosen up, etc. They know I don't drink but I keep getting invitations to 'meet them after work'. So what part of "I don't drink" don't you understand?
Same with your 'friend'. If he knows you quit and he knows you aren't playing the game, why would he send a vague text. If he really needed help he would have called and said "Hey, DG, I need you to help me change my flat tire" or something to that affect.
You know the game, you aren't stupid -delete that number and move on.
Speaking as a parent, if you text him back you're grounded for a week.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
Speaking as a parent, if you text him back you're grounded for a week.
THANK YOU!!

Thanks, everyone. I only wish I could get rid of his number - unfortunately, I have it memorized
Old 09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

You can work on forgetting the number. I've done it!

Sobriety is a new high.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I had a number memorized for a while *sniffff* too *sniff*. But that was more than 10 years ago. I now have no idea what that number was.

Forgetting that number was really pretty easy, and I don't get calls to help with 'something' anymore. You know what you need to do, defying gravity.

Last edited by freshstart57; 09-26-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: added something something
Old 09-26-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Don't fall for it.

Like everyone else is saying, he would not be a true friend if he is selling you drugs, especially if he knows you are trying to be clean. Even if he did need some kind of legitimate help, I'm sure if you helped him, he would most likely try to compensate you with drugs. I have been there and done that dozens of times. My advice, if you want it, forget anyone or anything that has to do with drugs. Best of luck, I hope you make the wise decision.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
If it were me, I would block the number so as not to get any more of those texts.
Originally Posted by defyinggravity
BUT, I feel really terrible about not helping him with whatever
um.....no, the answer is no...Mr. Creepydrugdealer will be just fine without your help. As you can probably tell, I'm a mom too lol
Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow, I just had a total revelation about all of this - I don't really feel bad about not helping him or whatever...what I feel bad about is somehow "ruining" that relationship in case I want to get high again one day. Oy. I'm glad I realized this - now, to make that feeling go away. I need to ruin that relationship because 1. it isn't really a "relationship" 2. the longer I ignore him, the harder it will be to go back to that and 3. I just don't need to have that in my life anymore.

This is all just me wanting to get high again. Wow. Talk about a lightbulb moment.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You and your well being comes before any dealer that needs "help". Stay away from your dealer, and keep on focusing on what really matters, Yourself!