Notices

1049 Days shot ALL to hell

Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I am grateful for you!
If you are reading this you are part of the reason I am sober and getting my life back. Newcomer trying, or ten years sober, the power of worldwide support saying that they "got my back," well just contemplate that for a moments meditation.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This situation just totally sucks and I hate to hear that it has happened to you. I have two years sober and I know that if I picked up and didn't stop I would be dead very soon, that being said I also know as long as I don't drink I can survive anything and everything will be ok. I may not be in the same situation; house, car,savings or have the same family member still alive but I'll be living and physically free from alcohol.
We have something going for us that others don't in this recession, we're sober. We have rational thinking and full use of our time on our side.
Pour out that alcohol and have a mini detox, don't count days and keep on going as a sober, recovering awesome person.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I sure hope you will quickly get back on track...
Please stay at home and don't drive or wander around drinking.

Prayers for clairty and peace coming your way..
Old 09-26-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

yesterday TODAY and tomorrow
Old 09-27-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Mikefreak,

I can't add much more to what has already been said. Can I ask you something though, why after 3 years sober, a hint of layoffs and you whizz down to the bottle shop?

I am only 4 months sober (nearly) .

I come to this forum to learn from people with more time in sobriety but I am now beginning to question the strength of an individual's sobriety. Had you been thinking about a drink long before this, have you been following a program that got and was keeping you sober?

Enquiring minds what to know.

I don't pray as such but I feel for you in your situation. You don't need me to tell you that a drink wont make it better, you know that.
Get back on the program if there is one and if not, start one.

You will be OK. (as long as you don't drink)

CaiHong
Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mike, I'm sorry that you're facing this layoff and I can imagine how scary it is.

Please get rid of the alcohol. You have not lost the sober time that you had, and you will need to be able to focus in order to get through this layoff and find a new job.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mike - How are you doing today? Thinking of you....
Old 09-27-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your thoughtful and helpful insights. I'm a lot better now. And after a crappy weekend, I was reminded of why I quit in the first place.The sick, crazy thoughts & attitude- it was NO FUN, and I hope I never forget what I went through and how I brought it on myself. Because of you, I realize that I must dust myself off, get back on the straight & narrow, with a new appreciation (?) for sobriety. Perhaps I can salvage something worthwhile out of this & maybe even Realize the value of humility.

I'll face whatever comes concerning the job situation. The first people got it today, and I believe I'll know my fate Thursday (though it could be the first part of next week). I'll let you know how everything turns out as soon as I hear the news..........

Until then. And again, THANKS................Me
Old 09-27-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Tuesday

Mike- you are in my prayers. You can do this. And your 1049 days weren't shot to hell. They were sober and these last 3 days don't take that away.
Good luck.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GettingStronger2 View Post
Mike,

Prayers for you. You don't have to drink. As you have recognized, drinking won't help. You have not even found out if you will be laid off yet, so you drank over a fear of something that may or may not happen. Hug.

Where in New Mexico do you live? Our job market is not great here, but it is looking up. I know many places that had laid off in the past that are now hiring again. Including my company.

Instead of polisihing it off today, why not dump it out today? Don't get more, get up, start over. Take the almost three years and get back to it.
Hello,GS2, I'm in Carlsbad, working at the WIPP.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Mike, thanks for your honesty, and like someone else has already said, those days are not shot to hell, they are still there and they were amazing!

The righteous man falls 7 times and gets up 7 times! Prov 24:16

yes, get up, dust yourself off and go on ahead. I am praying for you Mike!

Lily (Sheila)
Old 09-27-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sending my positive thoughts and prayers your way!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I know how frustrating it can be dealing with being laid off. I got laid off about 6 months ago and just went on a drinking spree. I'm sending my positive vibes and thoughts to you. Stay strong, we believe in you
Old 09-27-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

((prayers))

I used to think, a drink was the answer to all my problems. Then, I came to realize, a drink was the problem to all my solutions!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mikefreak View Post
NO it isn't, my friend. I don't want to go down this hellish road again. AND, thanks........
OK, so what are you gonna do about it?
Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GettingStronger2 View Post
Mike,

Prayers for you. You don't have to drink. As you have recognized, drinking won't help. You have not even found out if you will be laid off yet, so you drank over a fear of something that may or may not happen. Hug.

Where in New Mexico do you live? Our job market is not great here, but it is looking up. I know many places that had laid off in the past that are now hiring again. Including my company.

Instead of polisihing it off today, why not dump it out today? Don't get more, get up, start over. Take the almost three years and get back to it.
You are SO wise GS2. Not only did I survive the cuts, my BOSS DIDN'T, and now they're looking AT ME to take over HER job! I always have jumped to conclusions. Crazy....................
Old 09-30-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

GettingStronger2 seems to be an amazing person, blessed with a profound insight and a generous spirit. It's not surprising at all that gs2 nailed this one too by giving you precisely the right advice.

Congratulations on the job front. Now learn from this opportunity, and Good Luck.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are looking better and that you get to keep your job and maybe even get a better one...there's a lesson in here for the future

Are you back with us now, Mike?
D
Old 09-30-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad things are looking better and that you get to keep your job and maybe even get a better one...there's a lesson in here for the future

Are you back with us now, Mike?
D
YES Indeed!!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What great news, Mike - so happy for you!