Notices

The Biggest Ass, =)

Old 09-13-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Biggest Ass, =)

Well this thread might end up being a reminder why we quit lol. Ill start it.

A couple months ago I was in the super market food shopping, when all of a sudden an oldies song called, "Dawn (go away) by the 4 sesons" started playing. I litterally started dancing in the frozen food ile, (drunkin food shopping), making a complete ass out of myself. I grabbed some womens arm and tried to dance with her. I got smacked in the face, and the manager of the King Kullen asked me to leave. That was the only time in my life i got kicked out of a grocery store. I will never forget it.

I would love to hear your "Biggest Ass" story, it would be a great reminder to y we put down that bottle.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you have decided to stop drinking.

I wish you well.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I gave mine to my 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th steps and today I live in the solution.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I gave mine to my 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th steps and today I live in the solution.
I have no idea what your talking about. Im not an AA person, Im more of an AVRT type person. This thread is supposed be more of a realistic reason y we Dont drink. In a fun way. No need to get spirtual here.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think many of us want to look to the positive side, and there is no need to go back and delve in the dark.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everybody is here to share their experience cotwo - that's how this place works.
If there's something you don't like, that's fine - just move on to the next post

I tend to agree with Anna here tho - I find it way better to look forward, not back

D
Old 09-13-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I hope you have decided to stop drinking.

I wish you well.
Well this was a little uncalled for aswell, Did I say i was drinking? and your " I wish you well", seems a tiny bit sarcastic.

Just cause we are " In Recovery" is it wrong that i sometimes look at past stupidy while being drunk?

My Original post is more of a reason y i wanted to quit drinking then and literature.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Everybody is here to share their experience cotwo - that's how this place works.
If there's something you don't like, that's fine - just move on to the next post

I tend to agree with Anna here tho - I find it way better to look forward, not back

D
I understand what your saying Dee, but sometimes hearing somebody's "dwelling in the past" mistakes are more important then the "Hey I just went to a bar tonight! I danced my ass of and i wasnt tempted to drink!"

After all this is a recovery website its not always happy talk. This thread was supposed to be a sorta joke thread, in recovery why does everything seem to be so serious? If you cant face your past you def prone to fail in the future.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hi --

I don't think it's really a question of being serious or not. I know when I look back I don't think of the things I did as very humorous but more humbling and embarrassing.

Being able to laugh at your own mistakes is a good thing too though. Whatever gets you through the day and keeps you sober.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No offense Cotwo, but many of my "biggest ass" moments were a little worse than getting kicked out of a grocery store for dancing. Many of them...and their were more than 10, endangered my life and others lives. Many also had huge impacts and implications on my current life, my relationships and my future.

If your biggest ass moment was getting kicked out of a grocery, consider yourself lucky! DUI's, jail time, ruined marriages, lost jobs, ruined relationships, and wrecked health aren't normally things people want to remember and laugh about.....plus many of my "biggest ass" moments had me doing stupid illegal stuff where I don't want to implicate myself in a public forum.

So don't take the negative posts as a reason to get mad, just remember everyone has their stories and their pasts and for some this might not be the appropriate place to look at them in a comedic light.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

One night in a bar, I was drunk and surly. Insecure about myself. I saw two hipsters with tattoos all over their arms and I walked over to them, and said "Do you two think you're cooler then everybody else because you have more tattoos?" Just a ridiculous comment, and walked outside, content with myself.

Next thing I know the girl is running outside and yelling at me, "Do you think you're cooler then everybody else because you're fat?" LOL. She was trying to get her boyfriend to start a fight with me, and so I realized I needed to calm the situation down, so I apologized and thought we could be drunken friends. I turned my back to talk to the bouncer and the next thing I know, she hits me on the head with her high heel shoe, then runs away down the street. Unbelievable.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cotwo View Post
Well this thread might end up being a reminder why we quit lol. Ill start it.

A couple months ago I was in the super market food shopping, when all of a sudden an oldies song called, "Dawn (go away) by the 4 sesons" started playing. I litterally started dancing in the frozen food ile, (drunkin food shopping), making a complete ass out of myself. I grabbed some womens arm and tried to dance with her. I got smacked in the face, and the manager of the King Kullen asked me to leave. That was the only time in my life i got kicked out of a grocery store. I will never forget it.

I would love to hear your "Biggest Ass" story, it would be a great reminder to y we put down that bottle.
I thought that was funny. I laughed. Laughter is good for the soul. I would rather laugh at something stupid I did drunk then boo hoo cry or bury it like it never happened. My sister and I laugh all the time about the embarrassing things we did while drunk. One of my most was going out to a bar to go dancing. I was on the dance floor attempting to dance. I fell flat on my face twice. Oh boy. Not very attractive. I couldnt go back to the bar for awhile due to embarrassment. There are a lot more happenings I am sure.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Took a dump in the bathtub. No I would never admit to that face to face with anyone!

thought that was funny. I laughed. Laughter is good for the soul. I would rather laugh at something stupid I did drunk then boo hoo cry or bury it like it never happened.
I agree nothing wrong with lightening up a little bit.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

and we're done.

I'm making a judgement call - I really think there are better ways to spend our time....there are always folks here who can use a hand

D