Notices

Well I slipped but right up :)

Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well I slipped but right up :)

Hey guys,

Well last week i dumb ass thinking i went out and thought that would be it.Well that one night to turned into 7 three which I dont recall.

52 days down the drain, I the thing I got to learn is I absolutly cant have one or one night.

And its amazing after the week when I stopped detoxing was almost like after years.

so today was day 2 just let em start adding up again.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear the news Dylan. But 52 days sober is never for nothing. You're on day two and counting and hopefully you'll keep counting. Any thoughts or plans on what you might do differently, or in addition, this time around to keep it going?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Many of us have tried and failed. Sobriety needs to be learned, no matter which way you choose.

You've got thos 52 dys behind you, you don't lose that. I needed a plan and help to stay sober.
I hope you find something that works for you.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear it, inda. Glad you learned something from it, and happy you are back.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey dylan-

Its been a week since your last post. I hope you are ok! I slipped too. But I did not fall down. You wont either. Its easy to say hey, I messed up last week, I can do it again this week. I just want you to know that we are here for you. You were there for me when I first logged on and i am appreciative! Post darn you@ post!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

Dylan
I hope you are lurking and read this. Look on it as a learning experience. Self criticism is of use only in so much as it informs, and supports the next step. A lot of learning takes place in 52 days. Just as we learned to drink we can learn to live sober. Maybe see you back on the June thread? or PM me.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Look at it this way - 52 days sober out of 59. The idea is to lengthen the days of sobriety and shorten the length of the relapse. YOu will do it. Just hold fast.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hey thanks guys

Blackbird to funny well here i am tag your it

Doin real well since the slip, today is day 9
I have joined my rec center and got in to working out one my now as a matter of fact 4 days in a row. One of the things i am doing to keep positive.

Monday i went back to my first meeting a new one liked it going to go back to this one
Tues i returned to my home group dont know why but i was nervous and once i got there was loved right back

And instant thanks for checking in on me , i am doin pretty darn good

The only thing that keeps popin in my stupid head is Sept.3 is my 40th yikkes lol, but also it will be my first sober b-day since i was 14. Thats as long as i make it all the way through, depressing how much time i lost and all that goes with. But i am stayin in the moment and positive to all the beautiful things that can come now sober.

Sorry i wont be such a stranger to the forum lol, i am always in the chat thought just in case anyone would like to join in and talk.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Inda!

You know, 40 is just a number. Was no big deal for me when i hit it. Thanks for the update, and welcome home. Hugs.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey good to see you Dylan

My 40th was my first sober birthday too - I'm really glad I gave that present to myself

stick with it

D
Old 08-25-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dylan!
Hey great news from you! You slipped and are back and stronger than ever. I already know I cannot ever have another drink, or smoke for that matter, and I am OK with that. Heckfire I am tickled with that!

But by your posting that here, you may make another who is thinking that they are fine again and can stop after one or two and be fine think again, and not try it. I haven't relapsed because the stories of how they are worse than when drinking, as folks seemed to try to catch up for what they didn't get to drink or some such, are enough to convince me not to fall for that delusion.

I avoided that from reading posts like yours. Thanks for the reminder. You can let someone else remind the next time.

WB!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad your back to SR, sober and doing positively well.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

Glad your checking the forum here at SR, that's a sign of going in the right direction.

Hang in!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dylan...

Well done my friend on getting back up, back to AA, and back here. I am glad that you have learned something from this one, and it can be the last!

When you feel those creeping feelings of loneliness...now you know..get yout butt back to AA and into chat here.

We are all rooting for you hun.(OMG, I am speaking like an American now )
Old 08-26-2011, 02:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
instant

Dylan
Power on. That birthday wish just might come true.

well done
Old 08-26-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well another beautiful day here 80 degrees and sunny

On my in the rec to work out a little still sore from yesterday ha, but got to burn off the butter pecan from last night. Then a little sun by the pool and then a meeting my kinda perfect friday.

Then if we will see if i got the energy when I get home to make some sauce (red) for pasta tonight really kinda in the mood .But then again I could eat pasta almost everynight lol

So that sums up Day 10 I hope all are doin well, If your new and here great start keep coming back , this is a great place.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good for you, Dylan. I had my first sober b-day in a looooooong time this summer. It felt great. I found myself looking forward, not back. Keep doing what you're doing!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey, Dylan, have a great day! Your attitude is really inspiring!

I'm wondering of the mods should asterisk over that name in your post though... I think you may have indirectly ID'd an AA member. SR ranks pretty high on any web searches of topics (and I'm guessing names) that appear here...