Notices

Taking Charge

Old 08-17-2011, 12:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Felt no need to taper on Tuesday, so in effect thats day 1 over and done with .
Had a decent nights sleep, much better than I thought I would considering I have a hacking cough as well( gave up cigs and coffee a couple weeks before the booze)
Had an ear acupuncture class yesterday as arranged by the Alcohol Advisory Board I joined up. Which felt good .They said it would possibly help with cravings and insomnia, thats a continual class, so going again next week

Cannot emphasise enough the importance of getting some kind of advice or joining a support group in the initial stages, I got in on one the day I wanted to start tapering off, and in restrospect they have helped a lot .The first workshop I did with them was 2 hours and worked on cravings and triggers, and hopefully my longer term(6 week) one on one counselling appointments letter comes sometime this week.

Feeling much better about things, and just want to say a massive thanks to everyone who encouraged and had kind words of support on this thread for me ..... heres to day 2

Blessings
Old 08-17-2011, 12:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling better and on your way

D
Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

I feel as if "taper" wasn't explained properly, but am happy to hear about your progress.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks sugarbear1, yes the taper wasnt strictly a taper as such, it started out as one but it kinda morphed into an ER visit along the way to help me along.Sorry for any confusion that was aroused.
In the end though, apart from the first 60 or so hours( still a very long 60 hours) , it ended up being a lot less worse than anticipated
Bp/pulse etc fine for 3rd day in a row now, and no mind fog etc
Just the damn cough from quitting smoking is bothering me now

Onwards and upwards to better things now, blessings to all.