Notices

first post:help?

Old 08-06-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Originally Posted by SUECAT View Post
I am consistently amazed at how simple this process can be, and how complex I make it with my imbalanced brain! 'only as sick as our secrets' hits me pretty hard. 16+ years of using have led to so much mistrust and dishonesty. It quite literally feels like my soul is bruised from lying/covering up/burying my true feelings, it's as though I lost myself entirely and now I need to find that person and nurture her back to health!
Suecat - Awesome. Thanks for sharing this; it really speaks to my experience and reminds me of unfinished work I have to do!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Home! Turbo Dogs on tv, too! 2 checks in the mail, wow!!

If you are true to yourself, this is the beginning of trust. Now, trusting another person can begin.

You all are awesome!!

(Turbo Dogs, a cartoon this 50 year old enjoys, and "Look, ma, no buzz added to enjoy it!)
Old 08-06-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR SUECAT. I have nothing more to say than what these wonderful people already said. I lied so many times about my drinking, it was hard to tell the truth sober for awhile. Keep coming back. No judgment. Just encouragement.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Smile

Welcome Suecat
I lied for a long time about my drinking...lied to friends, family, even myself. Now if I want a drink, I realize I will be lying to myself, since I promised myself that I won't drink. I have been very lucky, that I am really not missing alcohol. Like you, I lost a boyfriend and ended up living alone. The loneliness really got to me, sooooo I drank to avoid the emptiness. I realize now, that if I don't drink, I actually am less lonely, because I am seeing my friends, family and doing fun things again. Hang in there, try not to drink and try really had to have some fun. Call an old friend, join a group, take up a hobby, but don't stay home alone. Get out there and start to really live again. The busier you are, the less you will think about alcohol. I wish you the best and we are all here for you!:day6
Old 08-07-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

hi sue cat.
i find that vigorous exercise in any form helps me very much.
and a gym is a great place to meet new people and socialize with no alcohol in sight.
also helps a great deal with self esteem when after a month or so of gym work you look and feel great again.
if it dosn't work you can always pack it in and be miserable again haha,
but i dont think you will.
good luck
Old 08-07-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hi there Suecat --

I don't really have anything to add, everyone has made a lot of good points. Best wishes to you in your recovery. You always have a home here.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Suecat,

How are things going there? Better i hope? Yes, it begins with one lie, and to cover that up, we tell another lie, and to cover that up, another, another and it keeps going until most of our life is filled with a web of lies, and the time comes when even our own mind has difficulty in telling which is the truth and which is a lie.

But the moment one realizes it, as i did, then slowly but surely things will start to become clear, and then you'll suddenly realize that there is a lot of patching and mending up to do. Its a lot of work, but totally worth it. You will find yourself back again, that i can promise.

I too am still in the process of this, well i wish both of us luck and all others who are in this same position too..!