Notices

since being sober...

Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

since being sober...

In this short time of being sober...and maybe my family seeing my efforts...so much has went in my favor...since being sober:Ive been able to increase our companies business by double,Ive spent time Ive missed with my children and husband,Ive lost 14 lbs and counting,my skin is glowing and I look so much younger ,I got gifted an adopted puppy who fills my heart better than budlight ever has,my husband went today and bought me a 2000 computer system(which for us was a HUGE financial deal) because (he felt I deserve to work with better),Im happier and havent even let other people bring the angry side of me out(I wont elaborate),I havent taken excedrine in 2 weeks....Ive only puked once,Ive inhaled the freshest air in years,and weve saved in 2 weeks aprox. 300 dollars Id normally drink away...
Being drunk:I slept through or ignored business deals because I had a headache,my daughters spent more time in their rooms,my husband seemed annoyed with me more often than not,I gained 40 lbs in a little more than a year,my skin looked dry and my eyes looked old,Id forget to feed the cat ,I would have NEVER spent our savings on anything more than a "good time",I would have sent some people the mapquest directions to hell
Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gee, sober or drunk, I wonder which has the upside? :-) Thanks for the post.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Holding Strong...

for sharing. I hope things continue to go well for you!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its amazing what we can accomplish when we put the bottle down. Congrats and well done
Old 08-04-2011, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

lol @mycoolfizz..its crazy that I didnt see it before...THAT part makes me angry...all I can do to calm that feeling is know I didnt make a conscious decision to stay a drunk....I AM making a conscious decision to stay sober...I am not trying to brag on here at all...but I need the reminder for any temptations that may arise...and Im sure other people who are in the early stages may as well...it would be easier if alcohol wasnt so socially acceptable...REALLY....AND I think my cat has gained a few lbs as well I should also say this..I spent my whole time drinking excusing it by saying "well if life would be better IF we had more money and less stress Id stop drinking"......HOW STUPID???
Old 08-04-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rock on Gibson. It get different every week and you seem to have a positive start on sobriety. I need support from every where to stay sober. Things have are great for me also, but I know I can't keep sober when life happens if I don't surround myself with support. Just wanted you to know how proud I am of you. I got sober physically things got better, but my head is still here, thats the main key for me. Working on my head.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Awesome! I very glad to hear that things are going well. My hope is that you still enjoy and see the importance of your sobriety through the tough times as well. Keep up the great work, I'm happy for you!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Spend that money on healthy eating! A recovering body loves to be well-nourished, and you'll look great too.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks lushy and joshua...Im not going to let my ego get the best of me )as a wise friend advised me) but I am trying to just concrete the positives...It is SO easy to turn to a quick buzz when life gets hard....Ive done so MANY times....As for support///I do have great support in my household...although they will never fully understand....beyond that my support has been you guys..I dont talk to my friends (what little i have left after isolating myself drunk) about it..they also wouldnt get it...I found one friend about a yr or so ago , who is in MANY years of recovery on a local forum where I do tell people my not so polite opinion of them.ha....but he has been HUGE in giving me tools and genuine advice or blunt honest facts...You all have been GREAT in making me feel like Im not doing this alone though...There is a HUGE difference in having people who love and support you and having people who feel what youre feeling.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

@mathmajor youre dead on that..ive been on a liquid cleanse but Ive already started shopping healthy to cook for my family so they are ready when I am...sheesh...beer is cheaper than fresh fruit...who knew ??
Old 08-04-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Really glad to hear that you are getting the hang of it, Gibson. I remember your first posts, and they sounded a whole lot different. :-)

Take Care.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks avrt..i made myself a commitment to every Tuesday reread ALL of them.Noone can offer me insight more than myself .......the more days I get through clear headed the more of my oldself I rediscover.....THAT is a very good feeling.